Jan Final payments pushed back.

Ampurp85

I have 3 cruises scheduled in Jan and received this

Royal Caribbean

ABOUT YOUR UPCOMING TRAVELS

Dear Guest,

While we know you’ve been patiently waiting for protocols, our teams have been diligently preparing and working with our medical teams, government health authorities, and testing providers to ensure we provide you with the best experience before and during your cruise. Our commitment is to share all protocols for your January sailing very soon, as we want you to have ample time to prepare for an enjoyable and healthy sailing!

Additionally, we understand that the final payment date for many of our guests is getting closer. So, we’ve made the decision to push the final payment date for all sailings departing in January 2022. Guests on sailings departing between January 1, 2022 through January 31, 2022, will now have until 30 days prior to their sail date to make their final payment. Our hope is that this gives you a little extra flexibility when making the best decision for you and those in your party. Rest assured, no action is needed on your part, and no cancellations will occur until the new final payment date.

Thank you for being a part of our Royal Comeback. We can’t wait to welcome you back onboard soon!

Sincerely,

Image did not load.

3 hours ago, nate91 said:

So they're suspending final payment after most guests have made final payment? Seems a little pointless. I have two February cruises that this would be nice for, as I don't like the current protocols, but my final payment is due in early October. What's the point?

I guess the point is you don't have to make final payment until January if your cruise in in February?  And wouldn't your final payment for a February cruise be in November?  90 days?  Or was  yours 120 days?

Some Jan cruises had very weird final payments. Like my Jan 10th Indy sailing was due on Oct 27th but my Jan 15th Mariner was due on the 10th.  I booked a Jan 24th Mariner and it said Nov 10th. I guess most will now be due late Nov/early Dec now. The whole thing is weird. I am assuming RCG is doing this for their books. I think they would rather take final payment from cruisers who will actually sail, then to give back refunds.

21 hours ago, SpeedNoodles said:

I guess the point is you don't have to make final payment until January if your cruise in in February?  And wouldn't your final payment for a February cruise be in November?  90 days?  Or was  yours 120 days?

My cruise on 2/4 has a final payment date of 10/27. So however many days that is. 😄 

On 9/30/2021 at 1:43 PM, skittermagoo said:

I wonder, does this affect the check-in date? (i.e. do they let you check in before the final payment date, or will that be pushed as well)

Well, two weeks ago, my January 29 sailing on Odyssey had the check in date pushed out from October 31st to December 15th. (Before this announcement)

(I did not get the email about final payment, probably since this booking was already paid in full by a re-price many months ago.)

After the announcement, the check-in date was pushed out three more days to December 18th.

NOW, (Monday 10/4) it's December 15th again! So, ............ yes .......... and no?

Our TA told us a couple of weeks ago that even though final payment was due October 11, they wanted it by Sept 30.  Since it was mostly FCC, that wasn't a problem. However, my DH has been working with the FCC from 2 cancelled cruises -- July 2020 & March 2021 -- and Royal is still off by about $70 from the total  (it also has completely screwed up the $ amounts for 4 of us, in terms of how it was charged initially, and how it was given back to us), but he's not as concerned about that as trying to see if we can get our remaining money back.

We may finish paying early, if only to be able to check in earlier, & get a preferred boarding time, so....

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

Does making final payment early impact check in?  I’m thinking it does not.  Check in date is the same for everyone on that cruise.  Whether you pay weeks early or right on time has no bearing on when you can check in.

You are correct. Check in appears to open up for everyone at the same point.

I like to pay early only because I pay my balance each month. I also have an OCD quirk where I hate to owe anything or anyone. It bothers me. When I first started cruising I would pay the entire balance. I got shafted on a European cruise so now I usually pay a week or two before the due date. Check-in will open when it does, won't be based on anything but when it is supposed to open.

9 hours ago, Pooch said:

Are you on Harmony out of PC?

We actually have 2 booked for that same date (not Harmony)....so that's why it would be great if they make final payment 30 days...to give us more time to decide which one.  There are a few variables, which will still be in play by mid Dec (current final payment) so we won't be sure which one at that time.

Just for fun, I logged into the "make a payment" for my Feb 20, 2022 cruise. Per my invoice, my final payment date is in the middle of November, but on the website it now states balance is due in January. I have not received an email yet. I still plan on making my payment in November unless I hear otherwise.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.9309e1b818d2ed130f81fcaf1e760cc1.jpg

9 hours ago, GregD said:

Just for fun, I logged into the "make a payment" for my Feb 20, 2022 cruise. Per my invoice, my final payment date is in the middle of November, but on the website it now states balance is due in January. I have not received an email yet. I still plan on making my payment in November unless I hear otherwise.

Untitled.thumb.jpg.9309e1b818d2ed130f81fcaf1e760cc1.jpg

On CC, 2 different posters reported their February and March cruises had changed the due date in the cruise Planner to 30 days before departure.    They had not received emails announcing it.     Not so for my February cruise - currently showing November due date in Planner. 
  @Matt , could you check with Royal to see if there has been a formal extension to March across all ships?  Or are the posts I saw ( for Navigator and Anthem, February and March sailing dates) possibly one-offs?   Thank you!

Edited by Zurc
Added request to Matt, our link to Royal 😀

1 hour ago, Zurc said:

On CC, 2 different posters reported their February and March cruises had changed the due date in the cruise Planner to 30 days before departure.    They had not received emails announcing it.     Not so for my February cruise - currently showing November due date in Planner. 
  @Matt , could you check with Royal to see if there has been a formal extension to March across all ships?  Or are the posts I saw ( for Navigator and Anthem, February and March sailing dates) possibly one-offs?   Thank you!

Were do you see the due date?  When I select "pay remaining balance" it brings me to an invalid screen and leaves the planner.

1 hour ago, WannaCruise said:

Were do you see the due date?  When I select "pay remaining balance" it brings me to an invalid screen and leaves the planner.

That sounds like a problem.  If it persists, call Royal.  Oh - Did you book directly with Royal (on Website)?   If you booked with a TA you won’t be able to pay online, nor see details in the Planner.