Flight out of FLL

TeresaMc

1 hour ago, TeresaMc said:

I know they say no flights before noon. We are sailing out of Miami and flying out of FLL. There is an 11:15 flight home. We have precheck, is it worth the risk?  A couple weeks ago I feel like we took our time, got picked up at the port at 9:30 and sitting at the gate at 10;30ish

If its a Sat or Sun, I think its doable.  I wouldn't wait to be picked up at 930 though.  I would plan to walk off with your own luggage right away and be off before 8am - that would leave you plenty of time.  If its a weekday, traffic between Miami and FLL can be very unpredictable in the am.

2 hours ago, wordell1 said:

If its a Sat or Sun, I think its doable.  I wouldn't wait to be picked up at 930 though.  I would plan to walk off with your own luggage right away and be off before 8am - that would leave you plenty of time.  If its a weekday, traffic between Miami and FLL can be very unpredictable in the am.

It's a Sunday and yes would get picked up definitely before 9:30.  I'm leaning towards risking it.

2 hours ago, TeresaMc said:

It's a Sunday and yes would get picked up definitely before 9:30.  I'm leaning towards risking it.

As long as you get off the ship first thing then there would “probably” be no issues at all making an 11:15 out of FLL. With that being said, after 45 years in SoFL I don’t ever gamble on Miami and I-95. Good luck. 

48 minutes ago, CJS2766 said:

The other thing to consider is getting through TSA. If you have Pre-Check, then you may be good. Keep in mind also that boarding is usually 30 minutes before takeoff. Hope it all works out for you.

We do have precheck and I'm going to try and pack with carry ons only since it's only a 2 day cruise.