Meeting up with fellow teens - Oddessy of the Seas Older teens club

Chris Ferrari

Hi fellow parents, 

My daughter is wondering if the older teen club implement any ' Meet & greet' occasions during the cruise. My daughter is pretty social but can be shy at times....

I'm totally happy being the busy dad & accompanying her during the sports activity on-board but wondered how the Teen club manage/introduce individuals to ensure that they get that gang vibe going. Would love her to meet fellow teens who are on their own, as parents can be awfully selfish once the derriere hits the sun-lounger..:)

Any thoughts on the management style of the events teams within the teen club..?

Thx Chris

Just posted this on another thread (slightly edited):

All 4 of my kids have really enjoyed the teen clubs especially on the Oasis-class ships like Allure. The most important tip is always to show up in the teen club on the first night for the meet and greet which usually was around 8 I think. That’s when everyone introduces themselves and friendships are formed. My kids always did this, would make friends and then the club would be home base to meet back up with their new friends but they wouldn’t necessarily stay in the club all the time. 

I have a couple of slightly shy kids but they would really focus on this meet and greet event the first night to make friends. After that, I would still encourage participation in some of the scheduled events because it again brings the kids together.

Thx DunwoodyDad.....appreciate your prompt reply (tip) & comments and confirming that they(teen club), do fulfil a meet & greet session !

Its important that my daughter embraces other cruise members, cultures and the comradrerie of other teens on-board. We have certainly enjoyed the Disney cruises in the past but have always traveled with friends - this will be our first solo family cruise with RCL, so hoping that we enjoy the difference in cruise styles and ships activities.

Hoping the intinerary will be full-on & she shares the fun moments with fellow like-minded teenagers....I haven't taken the wifi option - so hoping she leaves the mobile & tech back in the stateroom...:)