Crew Shoutouts

GKMCruising

Shocked there's not a thread for this already, if there is and I missed it I apologize.

Figured we could use a thread to give shoutouts to specific crew members that you've have go above and beyond for you.

For me, our most recent cruise on Ovation was extra special thanks to a couple specific restaurant / dining crew members. Our waiter, Mega, realized quickly how much our 2-year-old daughter loved grapes, so she had a serving of cut grapes waiting at the table for us every night at dinner. Our daughter looked forward to going and seeing her every night, to the point that we even dropped by after one night when we ate in Coastal Kitchen just to chat with her for a bit. The last day of the cruise, our daughter was having a rough morning, but we were able to stop by the host stand where Mega was working for breakfast to let her say goodbye and help cheer her up.

The other was James down in Sorrento's, our daughter's "pizza buddy". We'd stop by for a slice or two late night after the shows or for a mid-day snack and he made a point to chat with us and her every time. The last night of the trip, he made her special heart-shaped mini pizzas and a paper rose.

*This* is the kind of service that keeps people loyal to Royal.

7 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

Shocked there's not a thread for this already, if there is and I missed it I apologize.

Figured we could use a thread to give shoutouts to specific crew members that you've have go above and beyond for you.

For me, our most recent cruise on Ovation was extra special thanks to a couple specific restaurant / dining crew members. Our waiter, Mega, realized quickly how much our 2-year-old daughter loved grapes, so she had a serving of cut grapes waiting at the table for us every night at dinner. Our daughter looked forward to going and seeing her every night, to the point that we even dropped by after one night when we ate in Coastal Kitchen just to chat with her for a bit. The last day of the cruise, our daughter was having a rough morning, but we were able to stop by the host stand where Mega was working for breakfast to let her say goodbye and help cheer her up.

The other was James down in Sorrento's, our daughter's "pizza buddy". We'd stop by for a slice or two late night after the shows or for a mid-day snack and he made a point to chat with us and her every time. The last night of the trip, he made her special heart-shaped mini pizzas and a paper rose.

*This* is the kind of service that keeps people loyal to Royal.

Be sure to name them on your cruise survey! 

11 hours ago, GKMCruising said:

Oh, I definitely did, as well as call them out on Royal's Twitter page.

Part of the reason for that not typically being shared here is that this is a Royal Caribbean FAN page.  It is not run by or supported by Royal Caribbean.  You are best off mentioning them in your Crew Survey.

If you just want to share with other Royal cruisers the people who were great at their job, this is a great place for that. Not sure that any crew will see it though, if that is your goal.

13 minutes ago, emmef said:

Part of the reason for that not typically being shared here is that this is a Royal Caribbean FAN page.  It is not run by or supported by Royal Caribbean.  You are best off mentioning them in your Crew Survey.

If you just want to share with other Royal cruisers the people who were great at their job, this is a great place for that. Not sure that any crew will see it though, if that is your goal.

No, not trying to get the crew to see it, just like spreading the word about good crew members so people know who to look for on their trip. 🤷