How's the teen club in royalcaribbean?

Cup of Joe

I'm going on a cruise with my parents and I'm wondering how is the teen club in RCL? I've heard some bad things about it but that was a long time ago so I'm trying to gauge if it's good now. What's their tech like? Xbox Ones and 360's or do they have the new series X? Is there a soft area for VR (I exercise in VR). What's the vibe like? 

3 hours ago, Cup of Joe said:

I'm going on a cruise with my parents and I'm wondering how is the teen club in RCL? I've heard some bad things about it but that was a long time ago so I'm trying to gauge if it's good now. What's their tech like? Xbox Ones and 360's or do they have the new series X? Is there a soft area for VR (I exercise in VR). What's the vibe like? 

Can't give you specifics on the tech but my Fiance's son is a big time "gamer" and was happy on his runs.  I know on Anthem and others in that class they have a large section of the "Sea Plex" set aside for serious play... Her daughter doesn't game but she has made countless friends that she keeps in touch with on regular basis... She just turned 18 and is bummed she can't teen club it any more...

All 4 of my kids have really enjoyed the teen clubs especially on the Oasis-class ships like Allure.  I would lower expectations around how new the game tech is but think of it more as a way to play games with other teens. The most important tip is always to show up in the teen club on the first night for the meet and greet which usually was around 8 I think. That’s when everyone introduces themselves and friendships are formed. My kids always did this, would make friends and then the club would be home base to meet back up with their new friends but they wouldn’t necessarily stay in the club all the time.