What happened to unlimited dining?

Booked a quick get away for the wife and myself at the end of October and the unlimited dining package doesn’t exist.  I called RCCL and they claim it’s either sold out or not offered on this cruise. 

Out of curiosity I checked our Oct 2022 cruise and it’s not available on that sailing either.

I booked it for our Dec 21 and Feb 22 cruise a long time ago so those are still showing up on my cruise planner.

Did RCCL do away with the unlimited dining package or am I going crazy?  Having to pay a lot of $$$ to book these restaurants individually.

PS I will do anything to avoid the MDR.  Lol

21 minutes ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

Booked a quick get away for the wife and myself at the end of October and the unlimited dining package doesn’t exist.  I called RCCL and they claim it’s either sold out or not offered on this cruise. 

Out of curiosity I checked our Oct 2022 cruise and it’s not available on that sailing either.

I booked it for our Dec 21 and Feb 22 cruise a long time ago so those are still showing up on my cruise planner.

Did RCCL do away with the unlimited dining package or am I going crazy?  Having to pay a lot of $$$ to book these restaurants individually.

I noticed the same for a cruise this November, but it is available on another cruise I have booked for next June.  so who knows?  I will keep checking, too.

Since capacity has been reduced, they are limiting the amount of UDP on most cruises. I sail Oct 31st, it was sold out the end of Aug and briefly popped up in Sept, it is no longer showing again now. Some people have reported being able to secure it on boarding day as there were a few no-shows/cancellations. So it is being offered but since you booked a close-in sailing, they didn't have any available.

11 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Since capacity has been reduced, they are limiting the amount of UDP on most cruises. I sail Oct 31st, it was sold out the end of Aug and briefly popped up in Sept, it is no longer showing again now. Some people have reported being able to secure it on boarding day as there were a few no-shows/cancellations. So it is being offered but since you booked a close-in sailing, they didn't have any available.

Thank so much!  I’ll keep my fingers crossed for one to show up available on sailing day.  Paid almost double to book these individually.  (Still worth it in my opinion)

2 hours ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

Our cruise is in 26 days.

The one in Oct 2022 shows all the other restaurants I can book, but not the unlimited?

whoops! Sorry - misunderstood and thought both mentions of an October cruise were for 2022.

It's probably what LeeS said about it being sold out but hopefully you are given the option on board (there was a lot of focus on the dining packages by the staff onboard but not in a rude way).

Yea, this is definitely a sold out situation.  We sail on October 23.  It was available, and then it wasn't.  I was heartbroken I didn't purchase it earlier.  Then it popped up one day (for $30 more pp) and I went ahead and booked it.  Someone must have cancelled their cruise.  I haven't seen it since.  Keep checking back though, particularly right before the sailing when people might fall off due to COVID exposure/testing.  

2 hours ago, Crazycruiser50 said:

I purchased the UDP on a 3 night cruise in Feb 22 on independence. Its also offered on my 8 night Mariner cruise in July