xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - July 1, 2022 Alaska

vanelli56

I searched the roll call forum and did not find this cruise, so wanted to start a thread for those of us that will be on this sailing. 

It will be my wife and I, along with my mother and her friend. We'll be traveling from South Carolina and cant wait to see the beauty that Alaska has to offer. Been on a few cruises, but never to Alaska....and anytime its brought up, everyone raves about the stunning scenery. 

Feel free to introduce yourselves and lets keep our fingers crossed that this sailing will go without any issues.

Also, if you have been before please feel free to give any thoughts or suggestions about lodging/transportation in Seattle, along with any recommendations for things to do or see in the ports. Would love to hear some first hand info from RCB forum members. 

Thanks,

Gene-o-vanelli

• 2 months later...

Hi!  A group of us are on this cruise (and my family is also doing a B2B with the July 8).  My husband and I, two kids, ages 18 and 15, and my in-laws are excited to see Alaska.  We travel with a group called Autism on the Seas (AOTS) since both of my kids are on the autism spectrum.  There will be a larger group of us traveling with AOTS.

We've never been to Seattle or Alaska and are so excited!

Thanks to COVID, this is a late 50th birthday, early 50th birthday, HS and 8th grade grad, and late 50th wedding anniversary trip for us!

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, Niecee1030 said:

Hello.......I will be on Ovation of the seas July 1 2022. I will be traveling with my 2 sons ages 15 & 17. This is my first Alaskan Cruise. Also my first time visiting Seattle. I'm super excited. 

Seattle is a super cool city. Definitely fly in early and spend a day or two seeing the sights.

Welcome to the board as well.  

• 1 month later...

Hello,

We just changed our cruise to this one after our friends cannot go with us on the first one booked. We've never cruised with Royal before, but we have done Alaska.

It will just be my husband and I, our kids are adults now. We'll be driving to the port as we only live 45 minutes from Seattle.

Any tips, posts to read, etc to help this 1st timer out is appreciated greatly.

- Carrie and Jon

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife (50f) and I (51m) are very excited about the cruise coming up and looking forward to some exciting scenery and getting away for a few days together.  It’s only the 2 of us - curious if:

1) anyone has insight on how fully booked the cruise is

2) plans people have made for Sitka (other than excursions)

we got in to the excursion game a little bit late so missed on some them

No idea how fully it is booked... but from the sound of things from reviews and forum posts, etc.... it sounds like its very full. Maybe not 100%, but probably close enough to feel 'full'. 

We did not book any specific excursions in Sitka, just planning on kind of a self walking tour of the town, and maybe some parks and trails. But nothing specific, as we kind of like to 'wing it' in some of our ports of call. 

Cheers

On 6/12/2022 at 5:05 PM, MnTwins763 said:

My wife (50f) and I (51m) are very excited about the cruise coming up and looking forward to some exciting scenery and getting away for a few days together.  It’s only the 2 of us - curious if:

1) anyone has insight on how fully booked the cruise is

2) plans people have made for Sitka (other than excursions)

we got in to the excursion game a little bit late so missed on some them

1. I am hearing the Alaska cruises are close to full capacity.

2. We are doing a B2B so for the 7/1 cruise, we are taking a Sea Otter and wildlife excursion.  For the 7/8 cruise, I am using Captain Gary and we have a half day boat tour followed by a land tour (6 people and private).

We are traveling with Autism on the Seas.  You should be able to spot the group....the volunteer staff who helps our families wear ORANGE shirts that say STAFF on the back.  We have a reserved section in the Windjammer (usually at the back) and we are at the pool early on sea days with our special needs guests.  Stop by and say Hi!!  Ask for Nina (pronounced Nee-nah).

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx Ovation of the Seas - July 1, 2022 Alaska