How to Perform a Dummy/Test Booking for Price Drops

pmh

I hope this is not a frivolous question but I an wondering if anyone knows any short cuts to doing a test booking.  RCL does not remember my personal information and I don't think the true prices show up till all the information including the Crown and Anchor number are entered.  Is there are shortcut to this process? Is there a way to store the information to auto load it into the booking screens?  How about a way to screen price drops without having to go through the process of entering personal booking information?

Thanks in advance for any information. 

When I put my info in the first time and then want to get a price for a different sailing…I don’t close the website.  I just click the anchor on the top left and choose go back to search results.  It brings me back to where I can choose another sailing and once I fill out room type and number of people and choose the room…my info is still there for pricing.  My info stays until I leave the website.

6 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

When I put my info in the first time and then want to get a price for a different sailing…I don’t close the website.  I just click the anchor on the top left and choose go back to search results.  It brings me back to where I can choose another sailing and once I fill out room type and number of people and choose the room…my info is still there for pricing.  My info stays until I leave the website.

how long do you do this? Lol. the cruise we're repricing right now is just under a year away...

14 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

how long do you do this? Lol. the cruise we're repricing right now is just under a year away...

Lol I check prices almost everyday.  I have 2 cruises booked right now so it takes only a few minutes to check each.  If I feel like browsing for any other cruises I do.  Basically I would need to enter my info once daily when I start checking.  But after that I can keep going back, etc.

yes it would be nice to have a way to keep our own info easily accessible.

1 hour ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Lol I check prices almost everyday.  I have 2 cruises booked right now so it takes only a few minutes to check each.  If I feel like browsing for any other cruises I do.  Basically I would need to enter my info once daily when I start checking.  But after that I can keep going back, etc.

yes it would be nice to have a way to keep our own info easily accessible.

So how are you making the comparison as to the present stateroom prices to the one you have booked.  Are you just looking at the same category, category and deck or something different.  Perhaps I getting to technical here but I would like to know what others are doing?  What if there are no similar staterooms at all?

7 minutes ago, The Fox said:

I check every day, also. I choose the cruise I have booked, same number of rooms and people, same room choice and I choose my own stateroom. I like to see how many rooms are still available. Sometimes I also check out other categories of rooms to see if it is something I would consider.

Same room choice?  Are you able to get a new price on the room you already have booked?  Or do you mean something else by your own stateroom?  TKS

2 minutes ago, pmh said:

Same room choice?  Are you able to get a new price on the room you already have booked?  Or do you mean something else by your own stateroom?  TKS

If I am looking for a balcony price, I will go through the process like I am booking a balcony, not a guaranteed balcony, not a spacious balcony, not connecting. Then when the choice comes up to select the area of the ship and the deck, I try to get as close to where my room is and the same category (like 4D). In my situation, I don't want the room changed as we have a balcony and my daughter and her two kids are in an interior across the hall. We want to be close as this is their first cruise.

But once I figure out that the price is lower, enough to make it worth it, I call RC and ask them to reprice. They always keep the same room for us. But I have never asked for a different room, so I don't know how that would be handled. I have repriced this particular cruise 5 times.

9 minutes ago, pmh said:

Choose your own room refers to the option of letting Royal choose your room (booking a guarantee) or selecting a specific cabin. 

You can do a reprice on the room you currently are booked in but you have to price out another specific room in the same cabin category to get the going rate.  Your booked rooms won't be open to choose.