Wonder of the Seas - Mediterranean May 2022

Jim S

Just received confirmation from RCI that our May 2022 Mediterranean cruise on Allure has been transferred to Wonder of the Seas at the same price and cabin grade. Great news for us because we have booked a Crown Loft suite and there are very limited numbers on Wonder compared to Allure. In fact there are only 8 of these cabins on Wonder compared to about 25 on Allure. We usually book junior suite or, occasionally, grand suite so this will be a wonderful experience for us and we are really looking forward to it - YIPPEE 👍🏻😄

Yes, we have been allocated a CLS cabin on deck 18. Originally, we booked a CLS cabin on Harmony for May 2021 and that was cancelled. We then had a lift and shift to Allure for the same cruise in May 2022. That was cancelled a week or so ago and we have now been transferred to Wonder with the same cabin grade. I think that we have been given priority because we originally booked so long ago.

I kept A1 two bedroom from Allure to Wonder.

Two other families traveling with mine had 2 bedroom grand suites on Allure and given Junior suites, maintain sky class benefits and $300 on board credit.

They are both traveling with kids, making a Junior suite a challenge for total space and separate/quiet area for kids. 

Looking at deck plans, Wonder does not have connecting suites. There is one Junior suite on deck 6 starboard which connects to a balcony. This combo has been requested.

Both families are likely cancelling. 

17 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Two other families traveling with mine had 2 bedroom grand suites on Allure and given Junior suites, maintain sky class benefits and $300 on board credit.

They are both traveling with kids, making a Junior suite a challenge for total space and separate/quiet area for kids. 

Looking at deck plans, Wonder does not have connecting suites. There is one Junior suite on deck 6 starboard which connects to a balcony. This combo has been requested.

Is this for Caribbean or Mediterranean cruises?

20 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Bummer @AlmondFarmer 

21 minutes ago, Jim S said:

Glad to hear that you got to keep your A1 two bedroom for this cruise.

I booked the day itinerary was released 12-5-2020. Price was incredibly low for an A1. Now that the ship is Wonder the price is unbelievable. 
I think I will hold the record for cheapest Wonder A1 for several years.

The price for an A1 was triple for the Wonder March and April Caribbean sailings. 

• 1 month later...

Well, we have received a big blow regarding our Wonder of the Seas booking for May 15th out of Barcelona. I had a look at our Cruise Planner and to my surprise discovered that our Crown Loft Suite (CLS) cabin on deck 18 has been removed and replaced with a balcony cabin on deck 10. We have received absolutely no communication from Royal Caribbean (RC) or any explanation of why this has happened. Our CLS cabin had been confirmed six weeks ago and a revised invoice issued by RC, so this came as a complete surprise to us.

I immediately called my TA who also knew nothing about this and are currently trying to sort the matter out and obtain an explanation from RC, but this happened about 10 days ago and we are still no further forward in receiving any explanation or what our options are going forward.

My wife and I are extremely disappointed and upset about this as we were really looking forward to this cruise and were delighted to have been allocated the CLS cabin on Wonder in line with our original booking on Harmony, which was lifted and shifted to Allure and then finally transferred over to Wonder.

Message to Royal Caribbean; this kind of action and customer service is absolutely DISGRACEFUL and needs to be called out. We have been nothing but loyal to you over several years, having spent a considerable amount of our hard earned money on cruises with you now and feel absolutely let down and betrayed by your recent actions.

Very poor show Royal Caribbean 😡😡😡

Wonder doesn't have anywhere near the number of suites that Allure had. It was designed for the Asian market.

You should have received an email back a few months ago explaining the changes, and a second email including your new room assignment. You had a few weeks to get a full refund if you didn't like the new assignment.

There were numerous threads on this board with others in a similar situation at the time.

At this point, you should still be able to cancel and receive a FCC. Too be honest,  your TA dropped the ball on this. They should have been fully aware of this issue back in September.

29 minutes ago, wordell1 said:

Wonder doesn't have anywhere near the number of suites that Allure had. It was designed for the Asian market.

You should have received an email back a few months ago explaining the changes, and a second email including your new room assignment. You had a few weeks to get a full refund if you didn't like the new assignment.

There were numerous threads on this board with others in a similar situation at the time.

At this point, you should still be able to cancel and receive a FCC. Too be honest,  your TA dropped the ball on this. They should have been fully aware of this issue back in September.

We received confirmation of the new CLS L1 cabin allocation on deck 18 from RCI together with a revised invoice on 29th September. The RCI Cruise Planner was updated at the same time to reflect this. It was only when I went back into the Cruise Planner about 3 weeks later that I discovered, to my complete surprise, that the allocated and invoiced CLS cabin had been changed to a Balcony cabin on deck 10. Still waiting for an explanation for why and how this happened.

9 minutes ago, Jim S said:

We received confirmation of the new CLS L1 cabin allocation on deck 18 from RCI together with a revised invoice on 29th September. The RCI Cruise Planner was updated at the same time to reflect this. It was only when I went back into the Cruise Planner about 3 weeks later that I discovered, to my complete surprise, that the allocated and invoiced CLS cabin had been changed to a Balcony cabin on deck 10. Still waiting for an explanation for why and how this happened.

Got it. Hopefully your email will get it sorted out.