South Beach Miami Hotel Suggestions

CruisingOz

Hello RCB community, we need some advice on where to stay at South Beach Miami. All being well we will have about four or five days in Miami after our cruises to explore Miami and heard South Beach is a nice area to walk to beach, restaurants, etc. We will have a night or two in-between cruises at the Intercontinental to explore that side of the city and Bayside. Do not need anything as nice as the Intercontinental, just somewhere nice and safe, and where we can simply walk to sample local cuisine and atmosphere.  

Perhaps South Beach is not the right place to stay, so open to suggestions and will be there end of February, as time of year might be a factor. Thank you in advance.       

27 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm staying at the Surfcomber hotel by Kimpton and it's a great hotel right on the beach. Easily walkable around Miami Beach.

We have always stayed near Bayside but decided to try something different.  We are staying here in November.  I'm glad to hear it gets your stamp of approval!!

I've been looking at hotels to stay at for a few days prior to cruising next year. I liked the look of the Catalina Hotel and Beach club https://catalinahotel.com/  , but I haven't stayed there. More of a funky, boutique hotel. There is a "Members Rate" when you book on their website, as opposed to through a booking site.

10 hours ago, daha699 said:

Does anyone know of a more economical hotel in downtown miami with parking ,  i been looking at all your suggestions for my Dec 31 sailing and the price point is way out of my league , open to ideas ?

New Years Holiday hotel prices across the board will be very expensive. Try staying outside the city and Uber to port and you may have better pricing.