Covid testing at pier questions

Linda R

57 minutes ago, Linda R said:

Are they doing embarkation pier Covid tests at all ports?  And not sure how to sign up?  Is their a number, email, or what?  Thanks

It depends on the port your departing from. Some have you do a test prior to getting to the port, but have back up facilities there if your results haven’t arrived in time. Others have a full testing facility on site at the port. They will notify you a few weeks before departure what your departure port are doing. You can also look at the previous sailings to get an idea. 

RCG is currently offering limited testing at some ports, you will have to sign up 24 hr in advance and it seems like it must be 30min before your scheduled check-in time. So if your check-in is at noon you would need to schedule a test at 11:30. However, this is not a guarantee and therefore you should not wait and try to schedule these test as they will be very limited and a last resort thing. Some airports will have testing available, all and all these types of test will run you at least $100+

On 9/28/2021 at 7:47 AM, Ampurp85 said:

RCG is currently offering limited testing at some ports, you will have to sign up 24 hr in advance and it seems like it must be 30min before your scheduled check-in time. So if your check-in is at noon you would need to schedule a test at 11:30. However, this is not a guarantee and therefore you should not wait and try to schedule these test as they will be very limited and a last resort thing. Some airports will have testing available, all and all these types of test will run you at least $100+

great last resort, you should know 24 hours before if Plan A and B fail

9 hours ago, Linda R said:

I leave on my cruise in 5 days.  Still don't know if Covid testing is available at Galveston?   I would sign up, as I think my other options here in Montana may not work, but have no idea where to sign up or if it is even offered?

You're flying in the day before? If so you can test at IAH on arrival. It won't be free, but it will be certain. xprescheck.com 

Leaving 10/15 on Symphony. I googled a few minutes and found several "pay per test" options between FLL and POM.I suspect the same as we have these options in Indy (smaller metro area).  Please Please google this and have a plan B.  Not cheap but if CVS botches your test and you are on a plane, don't as facebook or this blog where to go. 

1 hour ago, Linda R said:

I am not flying into Geo Bush IAH airport, but into Lobby airport

Flying into Hobby, I don't believe there is any onsite testing.  You may have the best luck with CVS or Walgreens, as there are plenty of those around. There is a relatively close Rapid testing site on Kirby Dr. (about 20 min away).

Rapid Next Day PCR Testing for Travel - Houston - Our Rapid PCR Test provides safe and quick results the next day. — Untitled (rapidcovidclinic.com)

17 hours ago, emmef said:

Flying into Hobby, I don't believe there is any onsite testing.  You may have the best luck with CVS or Walgreens, as there are plenty of those around. There is a relatively close Rapid testing site on Kirby Dr. (about 20 min away).

Rapid Next Day PCR Testing for Travel - Houston - Our Rapid PCR Test provides safe and quick results the next day. — Untitled (rapidcovidclinic.com)

Thanks for the info.  We do not have CVS in Montana.  And we have 1 Walgreens here, and can't seem to get an appt.  I will figure it out, as I have to go on this cruise!  Been too long.   Only 4 days til we are on a ship, yeah!

18 hours ago, Linda R said:

I do have the home test and will do it tomorrow.  Just nervous about it working.  Once I do it I will all ready for the rest of my cruises this year and next year. 

Sheryl and I did the home test 2 days ahead of our 4 days on Freedom on Sep 27th.  I have to say it was fairly straightforward once we had the camera angles right. We signed into the Navi site and waited just a few moments for our Proctor to connect.

Thereafter it was simply a case of following the instructions. Once complete, we went into a queue for 15 mins while the test kit "cooked".

After the required 15 mins, another proctor connected to us and validated the test, and certified the documents which were available to us almost instantly.

It is a simple and painless process which gave us the go for boarding 2 days later