3 restaurant dining package

Tammy H.

New to RC cruising - if you do not opt for any speciality diing package - can you still book a desired restaurant if dining spaces/timeslots are available?

Keen to try Teppanyaki on the Oddessy of the Sea's, although family enjoy the inluded buffet meal choice, hence the reason for not selecting a specilaity dinner package.

Any comments welcome from frequent cruisers....Thx 

7 hours ago, Chris Ferrari said:

New to RC cruising - if you do not opt for any speciality diing package - can you still book a desired restaurant if dining spaces/timeslots are available?

Keen to try Teppanyaki on the Oddessy of the Sea's, although family enjoy the inluded buffet meal choice, hence the reason for not selecting a specilaity dinner package.

Any comments welcome from frequent cruisers....Thx 

Yes. And if you are interested in teppanyaki I would book ahead on the cruise planner. It was sold out almost immediately onboard last time we sailed! And im sure with social distancing it will be even harder to get a reservation. 

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I wonder why?  If I’m on a 7 day cruise, why should RC care which days I use for the package?

If I had to guess why the made a package be used the first or second night. It would be a hold back from the times when specialty restaurants were empty the first and second night of the cruise. First night due to everyone wanting to meet their tablemate and waitstaff, and the second night was normally the first formal night.

9 minutes ago, Pooch said:

I wonder why?  If I’m on a 7 day cruise, why should RC care which days I use for the package?

Supposedly, the specialty restaurants are noticeably underutilized on the first 2 nights of most cruises.  This is due (from what I have heard explained) "new" cruisers don't discover specialty dining until day 3 and beyond !  The explanation goes...that they are trying to fill the specialty restaurants on nights 1 and 2.  That's what I've hear.

• 1 year later...

I have heard a few times that "Chef's Table is not included" in any of the dining packages. However the RC site states:

• For ships with these venues, Teppanyaki/Izumi Hibachi is included, with a $15 surcharge, and Chef's Table is included, with a $49.99 surcharge. These will be charged once onboard.

This leads to the confusion of the question and answer. If the Chef's table is included with a surcharge (included would count against the 3 nights) or if the Chef's table is available at a discounted rate in addition to the 3 nights.

20 minutes ago, Michael Wafford said:

This leads to the confusion of the question and answer. If the Chef's table is included with a surcharge (included would count against the 3 nights) or if the Chef's table is available at a discounted rate in addition to the 3 nights.

It counts as one of your dining nights. You will pay the surcharge and also use one of your 3 meals.