Is RC Haiti Itinerary Changing

Cruise Pirate

I have seen most cruises up to the end of the year have moved from Haiti to a sea day or Nassau. The cruise I am on November 15th still has Haiti as a stop and RC has not moved the stop to something else.

I was just curious how far out RC has moved off from going to Haiti and going somewhere else. I thought I saw a new post or something but I cant find it.

19 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Since Labadee is isolated from the main island, couldn't Royal beef up security to keep cruise guests safe?

Technically they could, sure. Anything is possible. Feasibility is a different question. Can you reliably and reasonably use Haitian military or police, and if so, are they trained properly in large enough numbers? Otherwise, you're bringing in some kind of outside security force, which is not cheap nor very feasible. But yeah, I think it really comes down to Royal's insurance backers not wanting them anywhere near Haiti at this time. 

20 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Since Labadee is isolated from the main island, couldn't Royal beef up security to keep cruise guests safe?

My wife went to Labadee years ago during another period of unrest, she said the military in helicopters with rifles didn't exactly make for a relaxing time.

Separate from the main island or not, it's still Haiti.