Drinks up to $13

Linda R

So, the drinks loaded on your SeaPass card say up to $13.   So does that mean including $13, or just drinks that are maximum value of $12.99?  I was looking at some drinks I would like to try that are $13.  So if the drinks on  my card are to $12.99, they would charge me 1 cent extra?  Seems odd.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, D Alt said:

What are people's favorite cocktails on board?  

I love a good Bloody Mary or Mimosa or Blushing Mimosa in the morning.  a nice frozen Banana Daiquiri to enjoy by the pool. 

Tell me yours!

A banana daquiri with coconut rum or a strawberry colada are favorite pool side drinks of mine!!! Thank you for reminding me, I needed that!!

I purchased two drinks on board the Oasis an amaretto sour that the taste was off, when I mixed it with lemonade it was much better.  Price 12.95.  Then I ordered a slightly spicy bloody mary at the Solarium pool, price $12.95.  Tips not included in that price, add 18%. Bring your own two bottles of wine or in my case one bottle of wine and one coconut rum.  Brought three cans of pepsi on board and made six drinks with the cans of pepsi and a bit of the coconut rum. 🙂

On 10/11/2021 at 12:11 PM, D Alt said:

I love a good Bloody Mary or Mimosa or Blushing Mimosa in the morning.  a nice frozen Banana Daiquiri to enjoy by the pool. 

Tell me yours!

I like trying the specials in the bars (mainly because I don't know all that many cocktails) and there is this Strawberry Fields in Music Hall on Odyssey that was delicious! I actually snagged the mix list and vaguely remember the pour they did because I want to try to make it myself at home.

On 9/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, Linda R said:

So, the drinks loaded on your SeaPass card say up to $13.   So does that mean including $13, or just drinks that are maximum value of $12.99?  I was looking at some drinks I would like to try that are $13.  So if the drinks on  my card are to $12.99, they would charge me 1 cent extra?  Seems odd.

Hi all! First time RCL cruiser!☺ Forgive my naivety. How can you get drinks pre loaded on your SeaPass? My hubby & I aren't big drinkers, only socially like 1-2 tops. We purchased the refreshment package and planned on cocktails, beer/wine a la carte. This way seems idea for us but never saw or heard of this option. Is this specifically for Diamond/Platinum members? If not, how do we purchase? Sailing on Freedom of the Seas 10/18. Please advise and thank you! 

1 hour ago, Mofrazier05 said:

Hi all! First time RCL cruiser!☺ Forgive my naivety. How can you get drinks pre loaded on your SeaPass? My hubby & I aren't big drinkers, only socially like 1-2 tops. We purchased the refreshment package and planned on cocktails, beer/wine a la carte. This way seems idea for us but never saw or heard of this option. Is this specifically for Diamond/Platinum members? If not, how do we purchase? Sailing on Freedom of the Seas 10/18. Please advise and thank you! 

The drinks they are referred to as loaded to the card are specifically the vouchers for Diamond and above members.  There is no pre-paid per drink option available.

1 hour ago, twangster said:

It's one of the great things about Royal Caribbean's loyalty program.  No other cruise lines give away daily drinks in the loyalty program like the Royal family of cruise lines do.

Ha! Now I'm super jealous and extremely behind! 🤣 Looks like I have to make up for lost time. Is Super Mario looking for a personal assistant? 😬😂 Thanks for the info! 

On 10/11/2021 at 4:13 PM, wozswoman said:

I purchased two drinks on board the Oasis an amaretto sour that the taste was off, when I mixed it with lemonade it was much better.  Price 12.95.  Then I ordered a slightly spicy bloody mary at the Solarium pool, price $12.95.  Tips not included in that price, add 18%. Bring your own two bottles of wine or in my case one bottle of wine and one coconut rum.  Brought three cans of pepsi on board and made six drinks with the cans of pepsi and a bit of the coconut rum. 🙂

Pretty sure you are not allowed to bring your own liquor on board.  You are allowed 2 bottles of WINE.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:11 AM, D Alt said:

I have fun with the "Drink of the Day" to try new things sometimes, and I have wine with dinner, most nights. I had a pineapple-chipotle martini as the 'drink of the day' once and it was a favorite! I bought the pineapple-chipotle syrup when I got home so I could make it for a party.

I don't get the alcohol drink package (I just don't drink enough to justify the cost), but I'm going to try the refreshment package on my next cruise. I like gourmet coffees and I'd go for some fruity 'virgin' drinks and maybe a soda with a burger or pizza.

9 minutes ago, miles4us2go said:

Uhhhh... Yum! 😍 Pray tell how???

Is it just soft serve and a shot of Baileys? How do you mix it up? What do you put it in? Do you get a cup/glass from the ship?

You can have them put the ice cream in anything. It doesn't have to be a cone 🙂 If they insist take the cone and transfer. Then order your shot and mix.  I used to dump the ice cream in coffee.  I've also used the Bionic Bar to order shots to add to my coffee so that's an option for ships with those.

2 hours ago, miles4us2go said:

Uhhhh... Yum! 😍 Pray tell how???

Is it just soft serve and a shot of Baileys? How do you mix it up? What do you put it in? Do you get a cup/glass from the ship?

Soft serve and maybe a little more than one shot of Baileys 😋.  I ask the bartender to put the Baileys in a tall glass and grab a swizzle stick, then head to the soft serve machine. 

We were on Ovation of the Seas recently and they said we could have anything with our vouchers. It was nice to be able to order Grey Goose, Bombay, Belvedere...etc. instead of the basic menu they used to have. An extra spicy Bloody Mary is better with Grey Goose....😍  They sure know how to keep us coming back....