Royal genie questionnaire

koikeeper123

I have not sailed in a Star suite yet.  I go in Feb. 17 on Harmony.

I know that the questionnaire has undergone some tweaking since the program started.  I haven't seen a copy of a recent one lately.

I'm not sure how useful it really is.  Some of the questions seemed to be kinda "out there".  I guess they are still finding their stride with this program.  Seems like they've made some changes to the perks already.  Everyone I've heard from seems to have enjoyed it though.  Looking forward to it !

What ship are you on and when ?

We are on Harmony 11 - 18 Feb so we will be passing each other !  It will be nice for you to get somewhere warm for a week in  Feb !

I know what you mean about not planning in advance.  I have to catch myself trying to make plans and then I say...oh  wait....I will have to do that when I get onboard !

WAAAY back when I first made my reservations (before the Star program started !) I made nightly MTD reservations which are still there....but since we will get "free" specialty dining (I know that nothing is free...you've just prepaid for your specialty dining in the cruisefare !) I don't imagine we will be eating in the MDR at all that week....so I probably should cancel them.  I'm doing NOTHING right now though.  I will have the Genie do it later !

Since we have been on this itinerary sooooo many times, I don't know if we will even do any excursions except for a cabana in Labadee.  We are anxious to try Wonderland and Jamie's Italian since those are 2 new restaurants for us.  We will be doing some in-suite dining on this trip since we have the UUUUGE 2 BR Aqua Suite Theater balcony on Deck 8 but not sure what night we will do that.  Maybe more than once !  We really enjoy eating on our balcony and finally have a table big enough to accommodate a real meal without moving dishes on and off the table !

We have friends who are cruising with us.  They have a Sky Loft suite so I'm anxious to see that room.  Haven't seen one before.

It should be a great trip !  Can't wait !  At least we have one coming up sooner...we will be in Navigator Dec. 23 - 3 Jan...our first Christmas + NY cruise.  Only 91 days, baby !

We too have a cruise booked before February.  We are on brilliance November 5-10.  First time not on the oasis class.  Taking a 5 day on a smaller ship to see what that is like.  We have a 2 bedroom suite on that one.  Its on the back of the ship with a large balcony.  On harmony we have 9730 (2 bedroom aquatheater).  Can't wait either.  I hope there is not a problem getting into the specialty restaurants when we want (we cancelled our wonderland reservations because they are included).  We really enjoy royal Caribbean!

• 3 years later...

Re: Posted December 2, 2019 about a June 21, 2020 Oasis Cruise to Canada

We have made our reservations on the Oasis for a 2-bedroom Aqua Suite (Star Class w/Genie) but it all seems kind of odd having to wait until just a couple of weeks or less before the cruise date, to have the opportunity to request “Specialty Dining” reservations via a Genie (which are included) when everyone else onboard is making similar but paid reservations months in advance.  Consequently, it seems as if those with Genie Service are actually at the back of the reservation lines and become vulnerable to having some reservation requests sold out beforehand???

The Star Class Genie services with Specialty Dining and other perks included, sure do sound very nice, but I hate to rely on just crossing my fingers that all will go as well as it seems!

Perhaps Royal Caribbean should consider dedicating a Star Class Telephone number, where pending Star Guests can more easily get their questions answered without so much confusion and misinformation, but more importantly, so their Star Guests can relax before their cruise too!

5 minutes ago, Tampa_Florida said:

We have made our reservations on the Oasis for a 2-bedroom Aqua Suite (Star Class w/Genie) but it all seems kind of odd having to wait until just a couple of weeks or less before the cruise date, to have the opportunity to request “Specialty Dining” reservations via a Genie (which are included) when everyone else onboard is making similar but paid reservations months in advance.  Consequently, it seems as if those with Genie Service are actually at the back of the reservation lines and become vulnerable to having some reservation requests sold out beforehand???

The Star Class Genie services with Specialty Dining and other perks included, sure do sound very nice, but I hate to rely on just crossing my fingers that all will go as well as it seems!

Perhaps Royal Caribbean should consider dedicating a Star Class Telephone number, where pending Star Guests can more easily get their questions answered without so much confusion and misinformation, but more importantly, so their Star Guests can relax before their cruise too!

I know that it seems like you are at the back of the line but you absolutely are not. Star Class has first choice of all of the venues. On ships that offer SC, all of the restaurants hold reservation times open so that SC can be placed if they need to be. I have never been denied any restaurant reservation when I have asked for it when I was SC. You really have nothing to worry about. 

I know it’s hard to do, but just trust me. You will have your pick of times and locations 

15 minutes ago, Tampa_Florida said:

We are on that ship. 3 cabins booked. We are staying in Central Park. Can't wait to try the BBQ.

18 minutes ago, Tampa_Florida said:

Just to clarify timeline - we are sailing Dec 8 star class and received the questionnaire (posted above) on October 7 - so 2 months before sailing.  Then one month prior to sail date we started to receive emails from our Genie, and it is in these emails that we've specified dining requests, boarding day lunch, etc.   

1 hour ago, Tampa_Florida said:

If feels this way because you've never had a VIP treatment...or at least the last time was a long time ago.  Us mere mortals are used to making plans well in advance to get everything we want, the way we want because to do otherwise always means you don't get it.  With Star class if you want it, you get it.  So there is no need to pre-reserve or get on lists or anything like that you just mention what is you would like to do and when and it has been my experience the Genie gets it done for you.  In fact there was only 1 request I ever made that the Genie couldn't take care of and that was for a 15-30 minutes a day 3-4 days on a 9 night cruise for access to a piano.  Unlike the smaller ships with the royal suites which have a baby grand in the room (but no star class) we were on Anthem which has much larger suites but none had a piano for my daughter to practice on while we were sailing.

1 hour ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

I know that it seems like you are at the back of the line but you absolutely are not. Star Class has first choice of all of the venues. On ships that offer SC, all of the restaurants hold reservation times open so that SC can be placed if they need to be. I have never been denied any restaurant reservation when I have asked for it when I was SC. You really have nothing to worry about. 

I know it’s hard to do, but just trust me. You will have your pick of times and locations 

Agree with @WAAAYTOOO, you have nothing to worry about, the Genie takes care of it all for you, sometimes the hardest thing for me was actually turning loose and letting them plan everything with little input from me.

Relax, it will be worth it.

I do agree that Royal does need a phone number for Star Class suites guest.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, gabeb848 said:

does anyone have a more current questionnaire?

I kept the link to my original genie questionnaire and it looks like a few of the questions changed since our star class cruise Christmas 2019.  Revised questionnaire attached. Off the top, it looks like Elon Musk is new and the deserted island and device preference have been removed.  Interested to see what it may look like going forward. 

15E0F32E-2F94-417E-AF57-1B9CE9344A3C.png

20016866-2ED4-4179-B197-951075808C29.png

1B35A2D8-CA30-4EA1-9953-BDA96E267743.png

2D988136-130E-4A7C-9001-B277462E33D7.png

5 minutes ago, Jax said:

I kept the link to my original genie questionnaire and it looks like a few of the questions changed since our star class cruise Christmas 2019.  Revised questionnaire attached. Off the top, it looks like Elon Musk is new and the deserted island and device preference have been removed.  Interested to see what it may look like going forward. 

15E0F32E-2F94-417E-AF57-1B9CE9344A3C.png

20016866-2ED4-4179-B197-951075808C29.png

1B35A2D8-CA30-4EA1-9953-BDA96E267743.png

2D988136-130E-4A7C-9001-B277462E33D7.png

Thank so much!! We're so excited!

1 hour ago, Jax said:

It’s currently the same one. Received it just this past month. 

Posted it on my live blog. #shamelessplug ?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/22156-across-the-seas-through-the-stars-actually-a-cruise-live-blog-quantum-1-march/