Odyssey of the Seas in Pictures - Sept. 2021

twangster

I'm taking a little bit of a different approach to this trip report since it's almost a month overdue.  I've been busy.... cruising.  It's such a great time to cruise so I'm making up for lost time by spending a lot of time on cruise ships which is slowing down my posting.

@Matt was also on board for this cruise and he was posting reports from this cruise live so I didn't feel the need to run a simultaneous live blog while he was doing such a great job representing our cruise.  Consequently I'm going to simplify this thread and keep it more about photos of Odyssey with less blabbing about my cruise.

As I create this thread I am waiting in my hotel room for yet another cruise to start but if I don't get this going I may never will so without further delay here is Odyssey in pictures. 

Boarding the ship was a breeze and I was quickly in Coastal Kitchen grabbing lunch and waiting for cabins to be ready.

oy-2109-1.jpg

oy-2109-2.jpg

Bread first...

oy-2109-3.jpg

Wedge salad.

oy-2109-4.jpg

Waiting between courses I jumped on the ship wifi and got connected.  So happy to see Odyssey uses O3b Voom which is a newer satellite technology.  SES/O3b has some capacity issues at the moment while they wait for more satellites to launch so not all new ships can get on this service at the moment. 

oy-2109-5.jpg

While eating lunch I started making reservations on board.

oy-2109-6.jpg

Grilled Chicken Sandwich.

oy-2109-7.jpg

Key Lime Pie.

oy-2109-8.jpg

So good to be back on board eating cruise food again!

Odyssey has the chat feature available in the Royal app.

oy-2109-9.jpg

Cabin for this cruise was 10328 on the aft.  My SeaPass card was waiting for me by the door.

oy-2109-10.jpg

The standard balcony cabin on Quantum class is one of my favorite across the fleet.

oy-2109-19.jpg

oy-2109-11.jpg

A lot of storage.

oy-2109-12.jpg

oy-2109-13.jpg

The bathroom on Quantum class is one of the best in the fleet for a non-suite regular cabin.  It's one of the things I've always liked about this class.

oy-2109-14.jpg

oy-2109-15.jpg

Diamond Plus and above upgraded bathroom amenities.

oy-2109-16.jpg

New soap on board.

oy-2109-17.jpg

Mini beverage cooler built in.

oy-2109-18.jpg

oy-2109-20.jpg

The cabin itself is an extended version of a regular balcony cabin.  There is at least six feet of space between the sofa and the balcony door.

oy-2109-21.jpg

This aft balcony is extended and quite deep.  Odyssey is one the first Quantum class ships to feature regular balcony cabins on the aft and I was thrilled to score one for my first cruise on her.

oy-2109-22.jpg

oy-2109-23.jpg

oy-2109-24.jpg

Looking down.

oy-2109-25.jpg

The view to the port side.

oy-2109-26.jpg

The view to starboard.

oy-2109-27.jpg

Crown and Anchor amenities waiting for me.

oy-2109-28.jpg

eMuster is so easy and quick I forgot to take pictures.  Into an elevator: 

oy-2109-29.jpg

Elevators have UV sanitizers.

oy-2109-30.jpg

As we moved closer to sail away I noticed these reminders showing up on some people's doors.

oy-2109-31.jpg

Beverage packages on board.

oy-2109-32.jpg

Playmakers.  What a view.

oy-2109-33.jpg

Water fountains closed for protocols.

oy-2109-34.jpg

As sail away commenced I went up to the Solarium.  Move on the solarium later, here are some quick pics as I moved around the ship.

oy-2109-35.jpg

oy-2109-36.jpg

oy-2109-37.jpg

oy-2109-38.jpg

oy-2109-39.jpg

oy-2109-40.jpg

oy-2109-41.jpg

oy-2109-42.jpg

oy-2109-43.jpg

Art imitating life.  Very realistic.

oy-2109-44.jpg

oy-2109-45.jpg

On her sisters this pool is covered.  Since Odyssey is meant to sail more often in warmer waters this pool has been opened to the sky.

oy-2109-46.jpg

oy-2109-47.jpg

Main pool deck area.

oy-2109-48.jpg

oy-2109-49.jpg

On the first night they offer an event to highlight and showcase the $7M Two70° venue.  When sailing Quantum class I tend to watch for this event and always try to attend.

Virtual Orchestra.

oy-2109-56.jpg

New graphics and video I've not seen before on other Quantum class ships.

oy-2109-57.jpg

oy-2109-58.jpg

Oceanides is a new production designed specifically for the robo screens.  A lot of effort went into the making of this production and it's something that has to be experienced live as the robo screen move in all dimensions.  At the moment it's exclusive to Odyssey of the Seas.

oy-2109-60.jpg

It's a story of pearl diver who descends and comes across a group of sea nymphs.  It was all shot with real performers in sealed water tanks that rotate and move in sync with the robo screens that rotate and move.

oy-2109-61.jpg

oy-2109-59.jpg

oy-2109-62.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, twangster said:

More pictures coming.  I've been cruising a lot and have had no time to work on this thread.  Soon.  Any. Day.  Now.

Oh good, can't wait to see them. I'm very excited for our cruise on Odyssey next May. 😊

If you happen to have one of the outside that might allow me to pinpoint our cabin and see how obstructed it is that would be brilliant. I booked us in 6622 based on the detailed preliminary chart you made a few months ago, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out to be a good choice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 11:56 AM, twangster said:

Later I saw the clouds break and found the Milky Way in the sky.

Hours after sunset it's amazing how much the sun is revealed in a long exposure picture.

oy-2109-63.jpg

oy-2109-64.jpg

This has got to be one of the most stunning pictures I have seen on this message board. WOW

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FlyinSiren said:

Thank you SO much for posting all of this! I’ve been dying to know what my aft cabin would look like and I also appreciate all of the other info and pics!! I’d be next door to yours in December, except on deck 12, 12728. 

Keep in mind the deck 12 aft cabins have a much shorter balcony.  I'm in one next week and will post pictures.

I stumbled upon this trying to assess the aft cabins on Odyssey.  It would be a new thing for us (family of four with a tween/young teen). It would be same cabin but on deck 11 - I assume it would be a little shorter (some extra space but not the 6 feet noted above).  That is nice but not a reason unto itself. The view looks cool - not the straight down to water that I am used to, but unique and a little cleaner as I am not surrounded by 60 cabins on either side of me. What is the main allure for an aft cabin? Just the wake?