MDR with Kids

ddorn927

We are booked on Harmony of the Seas Nov 14th (fingers crossed we go!) and are traveling with our kids. In the same paragraph RC says there is a special spot for families in the MDR but then says unvaccinated people cannot do my time dining. Obviously our kids which are under 12 are unvaccinated.

Does anyone have any experience with this recently so we know what to expect once on board? Will they actually let our kids eat in the MDR with my time dining?? Here is the screenshot from RC website.

B1524543-3626-4089-97D2-9F7B2AAB5E35.jpeg

Traditional dining in the MDR is early (5:30ish) or late (around 8pm) seating.  My Time Dining in the MDR gives you choice of in between times.  Both traditional and My Time take place the MDR.  With unvaccinated kids, you will be assigned one of the traditional time slots.

You can only be booked as traditional OR my time dining and the choice will be for your entire party.  Many parents would take their kids to the Windjammer Buffet for dinner, drop them off at Adventure Ocean, and then enjoy their own dinner (whether MDR or specialty).  However, that option doesn't work right now since the Windjammer hasn't been open for dinner during the restart.  You could use another complimentary dining option instead of the Windjammer though.

On 9/26/2021 at 2:13 PM, Egeria said:

If you have kids you can't do My Time Dining and will instead have to choose either the early or late seating. 

I believe that all groups that include unvaxed children can only eat in MDR at 5:30 ie early Traditional Time. 

The reason is it seems they are using the dining room that was originally for My Time for the unVaxed at early seating. 

That is why currently My Time diners have no early dining times avalible to select from.

2 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

I believe that all groups that include unvaxed children can only eat in MDR at 5:30 ie early Traditional Time. 

The reason is it seems they are using the dining room that was originally for My Time for the unVaxed at early seating. 

That is why currently My Time diners have no early dining times avalible to select from.

That's interesting to hear, we have a Christmas cruise on Allure and our travel agent has us set up for Late Dining (8pm) in the Main Dining room. Our 11 yr old is unvaccinated and it shows up as Late Dining in our cruise planner.  Haven't heard anything yet about it being only early seating.

Edited by Srp431
typo