Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - # Pack for Royal Caribbean

Baked Alaska

The Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 3 Pack for Royal Caribbean says that they have added another 3 months to the expiration date. Right below it says the test could expire as soon as December 21, 2021. Does that mean it may expire as soon as December 21, 2021 or March 21, 2021? 

image.thumb.png.04469f4139f4c21c02065908a38dec75.png

From what I've read.  They are marked to expire in September.  The extension puts the expiration date to December 2021.  

I also called eMed about this because I wanted to buy a six-pack to use for my booked cruises all the way to the Wonder Inaugural in March 2022. I was told I could not use the tests after December 2021.

16 hours ago, Baked Alaska said:

The Abbott BinaxNOW™ COVID-19 Antigen Card Home Test with eMed Telehealth Services - 3 Pack for Royal Caribbean says that they have added another 3 months to the expiration date. Right below it says the test could expire as soon as December 21, 2021. Does that mean it may expire as soon as December 21, 2021 or March 21, 2021? 

Hi 😊 Yes, add 3 months to the date on the box for all current batches (per emails from the distributor and manufacturer). If your box is marked 9/1/21, for example, the new expiration would be 12/1/21. 

Somewhere someone posted a photo of the right test to purchase for cruising. I must stink at searching because I can't find it. I have this one, and am hoping we got the right ones. Anyone able to kindly verify or point me in the right direction? I know it's been discussed to death, sorry!

20210928_075737.jpg

1 hour ago, PRebecca said:

Somewhere someone posted a photo of the right test to purchase for cruising. I must stink at searching because I can't find it. I have this one, and am hoping we got the right ones. Anyone able to kindly verify or point me in the right direction? I know it's been discussed to death, sorry!

20210928_075737.jpg

If you look a couple of posts before yours, there is a picture of the correct tests.  It looks different from your test.

3 hours ago, PRebecca said:

20210928_075737.jpg

That looks correct to me.  Did it have a sleeve on it that says "DO NOT OPEN UNTIL INSTRUCTED TO DO SO"? That would indicate that it's the proctored test.  There should also be a QR code to download the Navica App.

5 hours ago, PRebecca said:

20210928_075737.jpg

5 hours ago, PRebecca said:

20210928_075737.jpg

If you purchased this over the counter at a retail store...it may not be the acceptable test. It should have an 'Rx' (prescription) on the lower left and a warning 'Do not open until instructed' on the outside. 

I could be wrong, but this may not be the Proctor-monitored test required for cruising.

12 minutes ago, BrianB said:

If you purchased this over the counter at a retail store...it may not be the acceptable test. It should have an 'Rx' (prescription) on the lower left and a warning 'Do not open until instructed' on the outside. 

I could be wrong, but this may not be the Proctor-monitored test required for cruising.

I think @BrianB is right.  It doesn't look like it includes the proctoring.  For Royal Caribbean Cruises it has to be the test that you call in over a conference call and do the test over the video call so they can prove you were the one who took the test.

6 hours ago, PRebecca said:

20210928_075737.jpg

Yes, this is the correct, proctored test. Not sure why you got so many conflicting answers, it just needs to have the "Ag Card" designation. 

8 minutes ago, PRebecca said:

Apologies I wasn't sure if Matt's Q was directed at me or the OP- I purchased them online from the E-Med folks, I do have the sleeve and the QR code to download the app. Thanks all, I knew the answer was out there and sorry I missed it.

Looks like you got the right test then. Enjoy your cruise