Refreshment Package for individual days?

jack168

Is it possible to buy the Refreshment Package onboard for one or two days only? I don't think it would make sense for me to have a package for the entire sailing since I won't drink that much soda or other drinks. But, it might be nice to have it for a sea day, or Cococay. On cruise planner, you can only buy it for all days, but can you buy it for individual days when you get on the ship, or maybe buy it near the end of the cruise? (I do expect the price to be higher than cruise planner, though)

5 hours ago, jack_c4321 said:

Is it possible to buy the Refreshment Package onboard for one or two days only? I don't think it would make sense for me to have a package for the entire sailing since I won't drink that much soda or other drinks. But, it might be nice to have it for a sea day, or Cococay. On cruise planner, you can only buy it for all days, but can you buy it for individual days when you get on the ship, or maybe buy it near the end of the cruise? (I do expect the price to be higher than cruise planner, though)

While on board, you can buy the package for the rest of your cruise as long as it is still on sale.  Actually, some people think it makes a lot of sense to wait until day 2 or 3 to buy the package especially if they board late on day 1 because they won't get enough use that day.  You cannot buy individual days or end the package early.  The only option is the current day until the end of the cruise.  They will stop selling it eventually.  So on a 7 day cruise, you should not expect to be able to purchase a package on day 5.

Edited by Atlantix2000
Left out the "not" in the last sentence!

I’ve written this in other forums, but I’ll share again.  

if you can get the Refreshment package for the right price, you can easily get your moneys worth, even on embarkation day.  I’ve been able to get the package as low as $18 and never paid more than $25 (prices per day excluding gratuity).  For me it only takes about 4 or 5 drinks in a day to break even.  My general route includes:

fresh squeezed orange juice at breakfast

an espresso based drink at breakfast

soft drink at lunch

soft drink at dinner

lava flow for the nightly show

espresso based drink with cookies from cafe promenade after the show…..

andnthat doesn’t even include the bottles of water (including sparkling) and various “walking around” drinks for when you’re hanging by the pool, watching the “ship runners” before leaving port, bottles of water/Powerade when getting off in a port to explore, etc…

of course YMMV, but we think the refreshment package is a great value.

We swear by the refreshment package, we watch for the price drops and have yet to not snag the best price. We previously sailed DCL where beverages excluding alcohol were included. Hands down Royal was a better value, I will tell you the reality of what we consumed versus what we thought we would consume were far apart, the bottled water alone made it worth it for our little family of 3. Watch for a 35% off package and then if you prefer an alcoholic beverage or two just pay separately, this makes great fiscal sense for us and this way there is no pressure when thirsty.  I felt the same as you did my first RCL sailing, not anymore. Enjoy your sailing. 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:21 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Hey, stranger !  Welcome back !

Thanks!!, Things have been so busy around he house I have not had much time to hang out on the blogs. Things are getting back to normal, So I'll be here much more. I have so many live blogs to read and catch up on, and a cruise to go on in 146 days (waaaytooo far away🤣) so my own to write as well!