Cruise check-in: Take 2

bryresangel

My app is telling me that my new check-in date will be in two days (even though we already checked-in weeks ago). I saw someone said that their previous time stayed when the check-in reopened, but does anyone know if that is the rule and not the exception? Has anyone had the OPPOSITE happen (check-in time was gone and had to select their time again)?

22 hours ago, TXcruzer said:

Hopefully you will be able to tell us in a couple days. My “re-check-in” is Oct 7, and I’d like to know how yours goes.

So this is how my experience has gone so far: I logged in to the app this morning, and selected the "Check In" button. I received a message that the check in is not open yet, but when I swipe right, under check in it says "See you at 12PM" and my SetSail Pass is there. On the computer, it still says check-in not available, so I am not able to confirm that way yet, but it looks like my original check-in time DID transfer, but I'm not able to make any changes (not that I would want to, 12pm is a great time!). Hope that helps!

54 minutes ago, bryresangel said:

So this is how my experience has gone so far: I logged in to the app this morning, and selected the "Check In" button. I received a message that the check in is not open yet, but when I swipe right, under check in it says "See you at 12PM" and my SetSail Pass is there. On the computer, it still says check-in not available, so I am not able to confirm that way yet, but it looks like my original check-in time DID transfer, but I'm not able to make any changes (not that I would want to, 12pm is a great time!). Hope that helps!

Thanks for the update. we re-check in on 9/30 so I will see if we have the same result. Happy sailing!

19 hours ago, Tmsmith said:

I am curious also. our cruise re-check in is Sept. 30.

Same!  It really would be nice if RCL would send some communication out when things like this happen.  I get emails every day from them trying to sell me more cruises.  Every time I see an email come across I get excited, only to find out it's the same special they've been running forever.  

On 9/27/2021 at 10:40 AM, Tmsmith said:

Thanks for the update. we re-check in on 9/30 so I will see if we have the same result. Happy sailing!

Set a 12pm check in for Freedom 10/18. Just read this afternoon my transfer MIA-Port doesn’t begin until 12:30pm. Didn’t know when we set time. Does anyone know if transfers start early or do we have to change our check in time

16 hours ago, Robandmar said:

Set a 12pm check in for Freedom 10/18. Just read this afternoon my transfer MIA-Port doesn’t begin until 12:30pm. Didn’t know when we set time. Does anyone know if transfers start early or do we have to change our check in time

I have no idea. I would start a new thread to ask if I were you so more people see your question. Is this a RCL transfer? It seems that when you board a RCL shuttle and when you actually depart are two very different things.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:17 PM, CravingaCruise said:

Same!  It really would be nice if RCL would send some communication out when things like this happen.  I get emails every day from them trying to sell me more cruises.  Every time I see an email come across I get excited, only to find out it's the same special they've been running forever.  

Everything from our original checkin carried over to the "official" checkin.  So ready to sail!

2 hours ago, barjpoe said:

Us too.  Wanted to change the check in time but anything earlier wasn't available.

Keep checking! My Nov 8 Freedom has gone from a 3pm check in to 1pm and then bumped again to 12pm and my Nov 3 Oasis just opened slots as early as 11am when I had previously had a 1pm check in. 

45 minutes ago, RWDW1204 said:

On the app, our 27 NOV Symphony check-in date has been saying 13 OCT, after we had already did the check-in process back in AUG also. This is it now. No change in original check-in time.20211012_215517.thumb.jpg.e02db549e9d6de44ec842551522e496b.jpg

But this is what still shows on Royal Caribbean.com right now too.

20211012_221402.thumb.jpg.5a5d8a740592878ab7bbd6ebe30b32ea.jpg

Royal IT at its best again?

Technically it's still the 12th for another hour 🙂 

For Harmony on 11/21 the app never worked for me.  "We've hit a snag".  But I was able to use a computer and do check in the old fashioned way and now I can see my SetSail pass in the app.

The app is still a work in progress.  

Has anyone aver had THIS happen before? I opened the app a few minutes ago and "Check-in opens December 17" was displayed. The app soon was displaying the Royal Caribbean spinning "updating" icon and the check-in date changed to December 15. I quickly hit the screen shot function to share the result since I had never seen this happen.

CheckIn Update.jpg