vaccine booster - 14 day requirement

stcmocruiser

1 hour ago, stcmocruiser said:

So get this.  I received the covid vaccine (2 shots) completed in March, so I'm "fully vaccinated".  I'm now eligible to receive the booster -- but wait!! If I do,  per RCCL (CDC guidance), I'll no longer be "fully vaccinated" since my last shot (the booster) will be within 14 days of the cruise.  huh?  

The third dose has nothing to do with a “fully vaccinated” status. 
The policy states you must have final dose of your vaccine 14 days prior to embarkation. This would equate to second dose of Moderna or Pfizer or first dose of J&J. 
Receiving a booster shot does not change your status. 

I don't think the CDC has updated the term "fully vaccinated" to reflect boosters.  This was discussed on the national news today since "fully vaccinated" impacts a lot more than the cruise industry. 

Their statement was that the CDC has NOT updated the definition of fully vaccinated to mean you have a booster.  

Per the CDC website as of today:

• In general, people are considered fully vaccinated: ±
  • 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
  • 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
  • If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.