Swim with the Dolphins Excursion question

Steve in Orlando

One of the things we like to do when visiting a new place is try something new and unique to that location.    I wouldn't leave Orlando to go to another place just to eat dinner at Pizza Hut.  I'd find a local pizza joint and try their version of pizza (or lasagna or scallops or... now I'm hungry)

Although it looks fun, I'm not sure about the Swim with the Dolphins experience as an excursion.   I literally live 5 minutes from Orlando's Sea World Attraction and we are annual pass holders.   Sea Word's Discovery Cove has a great swim with the Dolphins experience.

So - my question to this group and anyone who may have done this excursion (and maybe Discovery Cove's version too) - is doing it in Cozumel or Nassau or elsewhere that different than what I would experience at Discovery Cove? 

The videos look amazing - Just trying to figure out if we should choose that excursion or something else we can't experience at home. 

Thanks 

Steve & Cheryl

@Steve in OrlandoI've done dolphin encounters at both Nassau and Cozumel, but not Sea World. Reading the description of the Sea World experience it sounds very similar to what we did in Nassau at Atlantis. In Cozumel, there was the opportunity to be pulled by their dorsal fin, pushed by a pair of dolphins by your feel, and other close encounters. If you have had this experience before at sea world, I don't think you will find any added benefit. I've done two dolphin experiences only because the one at Nassau was without the kids with us. When we were in Cozumel, we had the kids too, and they had not done a dolphin experience before, so that's why we did it again. Doing the push/pull, while neat, is not so amazing that had the kids not been with us we would have done a different excursion. 

Hope my rambling answer helps....

3 hours ago, GregD said:

@Steve in OrlandoI've done dolphin encounters at both Nassau and Cozumel, but not Sea World. Reading the description of the Sea World experience it sounds very similar to what we did in Nassau at Atlantis. In Cozumel, there was the opportunity to be pulled by their dorsal fin, pushed by a pair of dolphins by your feel, and other close encounters. If you have had this experience before at sea world, I don't think you will find any added benefit. I've done two dolphin experiences only because the one at Nassau was without the kids with us. When we were in Cozumel, we had the kids too, and they had not done a dolphin experience before, so that's why we did it again. Doing the push/pull, while neat, is not so amazing that had the kids not been with us we would have done a different excursion. 

Hope my rambling answer helps....

That's a big help.   Thanks.   Looks like a great time but I think we'll look for something we can't do at home.   

On 9/24/2021 at 5:12 PM, Steve in Orlando said:

One of the things we like to do when visiting a new place is try something new and unique to that location.    I wouldn't leave Orlando to go to another place just to eat dinner at Pizza Hut.

This makes me laugh (at myself).  When I see a something that we have here in the States – like a KFC, a Home Depot, or a CVS – I want to check it out. ha ha