Test Cruises

Kris816

Getting nervous…the Anthem is still doing cruises in the UK. The last cruise listed is a five night ending on October 30. The next available cruise is November 7 from Bayonne. I’m booked for that cruise…first half of a b2b. I tried a mock booking for the Oct 25 cruise from Southampton and it’s still accepting reservations. If the CSO is still in place…some sailings will have to be cancelled to abide by the fourteen day quarantine and then the test cruise. So…..getting nervous 😟 

As Matt said if the current rules are still in place with the CSO any ship that does not sail under the 95% route of the CSO will be required to conduct test sailings. Hopefully the CDC will drop the test sailing requirement and just make it so it is up to the cruise lines to decide if they want to do test cruises for all their ships or just do the simulated sailings for only a few of their vessels. 

There’s still that 14 day quarantine mandate. I understand that period starts after the ship finishes it’s last UK paying cruise and before entering US waters. Will they cancel the last few UK five day cruises and send her over early…or the first few November cruises out of Bayonne. Still nervous.

9 minutes ago, BrianB said:

There’s still that 14 day quarantine mandate. I understand that period starts after the ship finishes it’s last UK paying cruise and before entering US waters. Will they cancel the last few UK five day cruises and send her over early…or the first few November cruises out of Bayonne. Still nervous.

The Jewel finishes her last cruise in Greece on October 30th; then, her first cruise out of Miami is set for November 15th. Perhaps, the quarantine period can be while they are crossing the Atlantic without passengers. 

3 hours ago, Kris816 said:

The Jewel finishes her last cruise in Greece on October 30th; then, her first cruise out of Miami is set for November 15th. Perhaps, the quarantine period can be while they are crossing the Atlantic without passengers. 

I guess it would…as long as there are no paying passengers. But the Anthem is scheduled to leave Southampton on Oct 25 for a five day cruise. So the last paying cruise would end Oct 30. That puts the Nov 7 cruise at risk. Unless they cancel the last UK cruise. Decisions, decisions…

14 hours ago, BrianB said:

There’s still that 14 day quarantine mandate.

We're on the Anthem 11/14 sailing, so we've been watching this closely since July.  The quarantine is only under the current CSO.  Because of the Anthem dates being shifted in August (UK TransAtlantic 10/20 cancelled, US 10/30 cancelled, UK RT Oct 20 & 25 added), and the 10/30 US passengers being offered cabins on the 11/7 sailing, my personal thought is that RC is counting on the CSO expiring and any ships coming from outside the US will move to US home ports in November and continue sailing without any further test cruises or quarantines.  On some FB threads, this was talked about pretty heavily when it all went down in August.  A couple of the TAs who are widely known (who also receive news directly from the cruise companies), have also commented that they don't believe the CSO will be extended.  I asked one during his live show if he thought the Anthem 11/7 cruise was at risk and he was quite confident it would sail.  I'm trying my best to be optimistic and I am crossing my fingers there aren't any last minute changes.

22 hours ago, CravingaCruise said:

We're on the Anthem 11/14 sailing, so we've been watching this closely since July.  The quarantine is only under the current CSO.  Because of the Anthem dates being shifted in August (UK TransAtlantic 10/20 cancelled, US 10/30 cancelled, UK RT Oct 20 & 25 added), and the 10/30 US passengers being offered cabins on the 11/7 sailing, my personal thought is that RC is counting on the CSO expiring and any ships coming from outside the US will move to US home ports in November and continue sailing without any further test cruises or quarantines.  On some FB threads, this was talked about pretty heavily when it all went down in August.  A couple of the TAs who are widely known (who also receive news directly from the cruise companies), have also commented that they don't believe the CSO will be extended.  I asked one during his live show if he thought the Anthem 11/7 cruise was at risk and he was quite confident it would sail.  I'm trying my best to be optimistic and I am crossing my fingers there aren't any last minute changes.

I sure hope that’s right…but I don’t have much faith in the CSO not being extended. I think it’s awfully hard for government agencies to release control over things they manage to bite into. Maybe they will extend it but with some modification. Hopefully they will realize the quarantine period and the tests cruises are no longer necessary. Fingers AND toes crossed…and we know how hard it is to cross our toes!🤪