No suites on ANY European Wonder sailing :(

spellman

14 hours ago, DisplayWandererXD said:

There are a lot more suites on Allure than Wonder, so they likely blocked them out until they can transfer everyone out.  If any inventory exists after the October 13th date, they'll likely be released for booking.

I thought that wonder had a whole section of the ship dedicated to suites? 

2 hours ago, Morganno said:

She does.  However Allure has more suites than Wonder.  Until all the guest moves from Allure are complete they have blocked off all suites from new bookings.  

Once they confirm who is accepting their suite moves from Allure to Wonder they will open whatever is left to the general public.

2 hours ago, Morganno said:

They do have a whole section dedicated to passengers booked in Grand Suites and higher.  Even though this is an Oasis Class ship when you look at the deck plans you will notice from deck 6 through deck 14 there are no Grand Suites, no Owner Suites on any of those floors like you would find on every other Oasis Class ship.  Outside of Junior Suites the only suites you will find on decks 8-14  are Aqua Theater Suites, all other suites from Grand and higher are located on decks 17 and 18 on Wonder of the Seas.

I would suggest people look at the deck plans for Spectrum of the Seas (a Quantum Plus Class Ship) and compare her deck plans to Odyssey of the Seas another Quantum Plus Class Ship, the one thing you will notice is the placement of Grand suites (not the lofts the suite only) and the Owner Suites on Spectrum are all located on decks 15 and 16.  Again there are far fewer Grand and Owner suites on Spectrum than there are on any other Quantum class ship.

Keep in mind both of these ships were built for the Chinese market Spectrum went directly to China via the Suez Canal.   Wonder was supposed to go directly to China but for now China is not allowing cruising to resume.  Now because of everything going on the ship is coming to both North America and Europe, who knows when she will make her way over to China.  The deck plan layout is the reason I don't think Wonder will stay in the US/Europe, I think the moment China reopens and allows cruising to resume within a few months Royal will send her to China, she doesn't have enough suites to remain in the US/European market.

On 9/25/2021 at 1:36 PM, JasonOasis said:

They do have a whole section dedicated to passengers booked in Grand Suites and higher.  Even though this is an Oasis Class ship when you look at the deck plans you will notice from deck 6 through deck 14 there are no Grand Suites, no Owner Suites on any of those floors like you would find on every other Oasis Class ship.  Outside of Junior Suites the only suites you will find on decks 8-14  are Aqua Theater Suites, all other suites from Grand and higher are located on decks 17 and 18 on Wonder of the Seas.

I would suggest people look at the deck plans for Spectrum of the Seas (a Quantum Plus Class Ship) and compare her deck plans to Odyssey of the Seas another Quantum Plus Class Ship, the one thing you will notice is the placement of Grand suites (not the lofts the suite only) and the Owner Suites on Spectrum are all located on decks 15 and 16.  Again there are far fewer Grand and Owner suites on Spectrum than there are on any other Quantum class ship.

Keep in mind both of these ships were built for the Chinese market Spectrum went directly to China via the Suez Canal.   Wonder was supposed to go directly to China but for now China is not allowing cruising to resume.  Now because of everything going on the ship is coming to both North America and Europe, who knows when she will make her way over to China.  The deck plan layout is the reason I don't think Wonder will stay in the US/Europe, I think the moment China reopens and allows cruising to resume within a few months Royal will send her to China, she doesn't have enough suites to remain in the US/European market.

Thanks Jason 

• 4 weeks later...

Last I heard they were still reassigning the Allure folks and the date was pushed back to November before they would be done. It's a difficult process as Wonder doesn't have the same exact suites and has less in total than Allure did, plus they do interporting over in Europe so you have overlapping cruise dates.