Allure of the Seas - Sky Class check in procedures - Did Covid change anything?

• Steve in Orlando changed the title to Allure of the Seas - Sky Class check in procedures - Did Covid change anything?
15 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

On ovation, Sky class got NO priority at boarding.  In line with everyone else.  Only “perk” was ability to flex arrival time by an hour

Same for Odyssey. We didn't even get the flex time, but I had the earliest check-in time anyway.

I was the week after Matt on Odyssey. We did go in the "suite" doors at Ft. Lauderdale (there were some other doors further down that most everyone else went into) so there was at least a speedy check-in but we still showed up at our allotted 12:30 time. There was priority disembarkation still. We didn't partake because we had an airport transfer, but they were out by 7:45 AM.

2 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I was the week after Matt on Odyssey. We did go in the "suite" doors at Ft. Lauderdale (there were some other doors further down that most everyone else went into) so there was at least a speedy check-in but we still showed up at our allotted 12:30 time. There was priority disembarkation still. We didn't partake because we had an airport transfer, but they were out by 7:45 AM.

Thanks for elaborating, that was my experience as well.

I did take advantage of priority disembarkation. Concierge met us and walked us off the ship into the terminal.

Ships tend to be boarding closer to terminal check in time these days so the need or concept of priority embarkation doesn't have the same connotation it did pre-pandemic.  

For Odyssey in Port Everglades suites/pinnacle do get their own entrance, security checkpoint and check in.  Upstairs there is the same suites waiting area there always been at terminal 18.  Suites were the first invited to board when boarding commenced.  

It was basically like it always has been but with 10% of the people in the terminal.  It felt a little weird... like am I at the right terminal?  That is Odyssey but where are the people?  

For debarking I followed the instructions.  After breakfast in Coastal Kitchen I went back to my cabin to wait.  A minute after getting back to my cabin the TV indicated my zone was being called.  I left my cabin and never stopped walking until I reached my car.  There were no queues to get off, no queues in the terminal and no wait for the facial recognition CBP kiosks.  I can't imagine how priority debarking could have made it any better.  It wasn't needed.  

18 hours ago, Fairlynew said:

On ovation, Sky class got NO priority at boarding.  In line with everyone else.  Only “perk” was ability to flex arrival time by an hour

Seattle has always struggled with loyalty priority because of how small the terminal is.  I've yet to see Seattle call one group before another even pre-pandemic.  

On 9/24/2021 at 9:19 AM, Steve in Orlando said:

Thanks everyone!    

Did Concierge contact you before departing to help with reservations?   or does that all happen on the ship now?   I've heard Star class Genies are reaching out early - but not sure about Sky Class.

Yup. We heard from him 3 days before we set sail. Definitely one of the closer ones we've ever gotten - usually it's closer to 5-7 days.

But despite the closeness, he was still able to book us in Giovanni's for dinner.