price of shore excursions and dining packages

roiemike

I read on someone's post that these prices vary and change depending on the sale etc.  Can anyone tell me do the dining prices go down as they get closer to cruise time and the same question with shore excursions.  I purchased some shore excursions for my Spring Break cruise and they were already on sale, today's sale had the same price structure........ just curious with the wisdom of the group on whether I should look for better deals closer to cruise date.........thank you for responding!

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Historically the price do not go down the closer to sailing imho, they just fluctuate in general. It mostly depends on the "sale" and around Black Friday has been the best. Buy at a price you like and reprice when sales happen, always keep looking. As things vary. 

14 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Historically the price do not go down the closer to sailing imho, they just fluctuate in general. It mostly depends on the "sale" and around Black Friday has been the best. Buy at a price you like and reprice when sales happen, always keep looking. As things vary. 

what is a good UNLIMITED DINING PACKAGE price for a 8 day sailing does anyone have prices for the december sailing what they have seen 

4 minutes ago, daha699 said:

what is a good UNLIMITED DINING PACKAGE price for a 8 day sailing does anyone have prices for the december sailing what they have seen 

Depends on the ship.

Newer ships with more specialty restaurants will have a higher daily rate for the UDP compared to a ship with fewer specialty restaurants or places like Playmakers where UDP also works.  

On an older ship someone might see $24 per day while the newest ship or a ship with newer options might be $31 per day.  It's not that $24 is a sale price rather it reflects the venues on board where you can leverage the UDP.  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

On an older ship someone might see $24 per day while the newest ship or a ship with newer options might be $31 per day.  It's not that $24 is a sale price rather it reflects the venues on board where you can leverage the UDP.  

$24 per day is where we're sitting for our cruise next Oct on Brilliance for reference.

15 minutes ago, twangster said:

Depends on the ship.

Newer ships with more specialty restaurants will have a higher daily rate for the UDP compared to a ship with fewer specialty restaurants or places like Playmakers where UDP also works.  

WE ARE ON SYMPHONY 8 DAY THIS NEW YEARS AND IT IS PRICED AT $224 NOT SURE IF THAT IS GOOD PRICE ?

12 minutes ago, daha699 said:

WE ARE ON SYMPHONY 8 DAY THIS NEW YEARS AND IT IS PRICED AT $224 NOT SURE IF THAT IS GOOD PRICE ?

$224 / 8 = $28 per day.

For Symphony with Hooked and Playmakers that's not bad for 2021.  In 2018 maybe that went on sale but post-restart I'm not seeing UDP discounts like before.  

48 minutes ago, daha699 said:

WE ARE ON SYMPHONY 8 DAY THIS NEW YEARS AND THE UDP IS PRICED AT $224 NOT SURE IF THAT IS GOOD PRICE ?

I got the SY Christmas (12-23-21) and NY sailings (12-31-21) for $199 but that was many weeks back.  I haven't seen it go that low for a long time. $224 seems to be the new "sale" price.

1 hour ago, daha699 said:

what was the price for beach club full day pass if i can ask ?

Sorry, I really don't know the answer to that question as I never even looked at the price for CCBC passes for either of those 2 cruises.  The only CCBC passes that I have purchased were for a Mariner cruise (9-20-21); they were $53.99 PP, but that cruise was subsequently cancelled.