Royal App on Wonder

PG Cruiser

33 minutes ago, PG Cruiser said:

I’m curious why the Royal App is not yet working on the Wonder.  Isn’t it one of the features tested at sea trials?  I have no idea what sea trials are for. 

The Royal App didn’t work during the sea trial. 
P C Load Letter error
Engineers will be taking the ship back out to sea and test again soon. 

8 minutes ago, SPS said:

The ship is not done yet. Just as @SpeedNoodles mentioned, Odyssey was not on the app until after delivery.

(Obviously, she was keeping an eye on that just like I was, since we are both booked on Odyssey for January 29th! 😆)

I think the sea trials are more for the vessel's seaworthiness rather the add-on features.

Sea trials are technical in nature.  No ship can obtain its insurance certificate or make it into the ship registry and begin service without sea trials.

During a sea trial they'll do things like power turns simulating collision avoidance to ensure they ship behaves as expected.  They'll do an emergency stop - going from full cruise speed to a full stop to validate exactly how long that takes so it's known in case they ever have to perform an emergency stop.  They will have sensors on board to validate center of gravity calculations.  All the things that computers estimated during design and construction will be validated.

Under full power did the generators perform properly?  Were any anomalies discovered when engines were at full power?  Did the ship maintain a true course when directed to do so.  Were any undue vibrations noted? 

If something is not working nominally they might go back, adjust something and do another set of sea trials.  

Sea trials have nothing to do with hotel operations such as... can a galley chef make Eggs Benedict properly.  

51 minutes ago, twangster said:

Sea trials have nothing to do with hotel operations such as... can a galley chef make Eggs Benedict properly.

I heard that the Aqua show cast is required to each perform a high dive during sea trial emergency maneuvers to validate their jump timing.

This is conducted to avoid the scenario of an unvalidated high diver missing the pool during an audience attended show. 

On 9/23/2021 at 6:28 AM, PG Cruiser said:

I think the sea trials are more for the vessel's seaworthiness rather the add-on features.

Yes, exactly.  Do the seals work, does the ship leak? Do the Azipods pivot correctly? Does the engine overheat, that sort of thing.