Did a Lift and Shift and Lost Onboard Credit

I am asking this to see if I am SOL or should I appeal to Royal Caribbean.

We were initially booked for an Alaskan cruise from Vancouver to Alaska in June 2021. It was cancelled and we did a lift and shift for the same time, same price, same ship in 2022.

Everything seemed to be okay, but the onboard credit of $150/cabin was not showing up. I initially thought it would take a bit of time for everything to catch up. But when I called by TA, she said that unfortunately that OBC rate code only applied to that original sailing and that there was nothing that she could do.

Now, my feelings is that the promotions that were part of the package should have carried over to the new bookings, since the cruise was cancelled. She implied that it was more of Royal Caribbean's policy than theirs.

Should I pursue it through further through my TA, RC or chalk it up as SOL? Has anyone who did a L& S received all their promotions on their new booking?

Any guidance would be very appreciated.

I don't think travel agents can access OBC to apply or remove it.  They call Royal, Royal does the change in the system. 

The source of the original OBC can be a factor.  OBC from NextCruise is treated differently from OBC granted when they charter a ship and different from OBC that was specific to a promo for booking a cruise.

On a similar but different note, we had a recent experience with Rhapsody being replaced by the Serenade (same dates), and I lost the OBC I had purchased with points.  However, my TA arranged for our promotional OBC to be reinstated when Royal updated our reservation on the new ship.  So I'd recommend talking to your TA, if you have one, as the other posts have indicated.    I am not worried about the other $50 OBC I lost since Royal upgraded our room.  Another benefit of having a TA....

• 3 weeks later...

Good news!

I finally spoke to a TA that knew what she was doing and agreed that I should get my OBC.

It took over an hour on hold with the TA who had to call Royal Caribbean but the $300 was posted.

Thank you for everyone who posted that the OBC should have carried over and to persist in getting it.

I do miss the days when I could drive and talk to a live travel agent. Everything is online or by phone. I miss placing a face to an agent.

Thank you all again!

3 minutes ago, Jill said:

I’m trying to get $100 shareholder OBC re-instated that went missing with some re-pricing/moving reservation. 

I tried Facebook messenger route first but got an ornery social rep. Guess I’ll be calling tomorrow 

I've had good luck with email.  Usually a few days but they've always responded.  

ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com