xSAILEDx HARMONY OF THE SEAS October 10th - 17th, 2021 Western Mediterranean

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone else is sailing on Harmony of the Seas on October 10, 2021 out of Barcelona? This will be my honeymoon cruise and I am very excited to sail again! Our last cruise was in October 2019 on Harmony, so it is funny how we are returning to the same ship exactly two years later.

I am curious to which shore excursions people are considering in all three countries. I spoke to a representative of Royal Caribbean's Private Journeys this morning and she informed me that Private Journeys may not be offered due to ever changing protocols in Europe. If they are offered, it will be an existing shore excursion but for your own traveling party. She also hinted that Italy may be changing their guidelines in the next few days and all guests (regardless of vaccination) will need to book a Royal Caribbean shore excursion to disembark. Some existing excursions may be removed from the offerings as well. I expect everything to constantly change in the next couple of months so we just need to be flexible.

Excited to meet fellow guests on this sailing (even the ones embarking in Rome). ?

• 1 month later...
  • Canz changed the title to HARMONY OF THE SEAS October 10th - 17th, 2021 Western Mediterranean

@MelKaps, we just returned from Harmony yesterday and I brought the compasses back with me. I will be posting a brief recap of my impressions on my Happy on Harmony thread on the Live Blogs board but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask; I will be happy to help if I know the answers. 

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

@MelKaps, we just returned from Harmony yesterday and I brought the compasses back with me. I will be posting a brief recap of my impressions on my Happy on Harmony thread on the Live Blogs board but if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask; I will be happy to help if I know the answers. 

I’m curious to know which Italy excursions you went on and your experience with them. Thank you!

1 hour ago, MelKaps said:

I’m curious to know which Italy excursions you went on and your experience with them. Thank you!

We didn't go on any, I'm afraid. 😞 

We would probably have done the Capri one if Royal hadn't hiked the price so much but for us, as Europeans, we could fly to Naples, spend 3 days there and do Capri as a DIY trip for less than the cost of the excursion offered by Royal. That said, my niece very recently did precisely that and absolutely loved Capri, so if that's something that interests you, at least that particular excursion gets you out and about for most of your day, rather than sitting for several hours in a bus. Another one that I can definitely recommend from previous cruises is Pompeii; if you're at all interested in that sort of history and haven't seen it before, it is truly fascinating and absolutely a must-do. It's not a very long bus ride from the port and of course you do get to walk around the site with the guide explaining everything.

We did a DIY excursion in Palma de Mallorca where we were allowed to do our own thing, so if you don't have anything else already planned for that day I can give you the details.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xSAILEDx HARMONY OF THE SEAS October 10th - 17th, 2021 Western Mediterranean