Playmakers - TV

Jmccaffrey

It's more of an issue if they get the channel. Cruise ships have international television feeds, which often means events and sports in the U.S. are unavailable due to blackout rules.

Certainly if they can get the channel with NASCAR on, they would be happy to change at least one of the TVs for you. But I think the coverage is the bigger issue than the bar.

One alternative is to stream the event on an iPad while you watch at the bar. If your cable provider allows you to do so (or you have some streaming package like MLB.TV), you can stream it (internet permitting) at Playmakers.

Often it comes down to TV rights.  Many sports are emphasizing their own pay services to watch when you aren't watching on a US broadcast or sports network. 

Some of the phone apps use GPS to determine your location to see if your eligible to watch.  A laptop without a GPS often works better when out of the country and the ship internet makes it look you are in Miami so laptops can have an advantage sometimes.  

13 hours ago, Jmccaffrey said:

Does anyone know if you can asks them to put your Sport on the TVs in Playmakers? I am a NASCAR fan and would love to hang out there with a beer (or 12 lol) and watch it

I think another part of the issue is whether or not the race will be broadcast on network television (FOX/NBC) or the cable/sat partners (FS1/NBCSN).

NASCAR fan myself, but I've never actually cruised during race season! So far, it's always been January or early February.