Hi all! 

My wife and I are celebrating some big milestones (turning 30 and 5 year wedding anniversary) so we booked a cruise in February on the Majesty of the Sea. It is a 3 day cruise (cocokay and Nassau). I have no idea what to expect. I have no idea what to do for dinning. What/where do we eat at the ports? When do we get to see about shows or entertainment on the ship? Basically Im looking for a walk through so I dont have to ask a million questions when we get on the boat (even though I still will). 

Congrats on both! I hit the same 30 and 5 this year as well.

I haven't been on Majesty, but plan on 1 1/2 hours for dinner in the main dining room (MDR), could be shorter or longer. You can order as many appetizers, entrées, and desserts as you'd like. There's my tip, wish I knew my first cruise.

Have fun!

There is a place in Nassua that we like to eat called the Poop Deck.  You have to take a taxi but its good, fresh sea food.  It overlooks a marina.  Should cost about $8 by taxi to get there.  There is always Senor Frogs in walking distance.  Kind of touristy.  Coco Cay is their island, they will feed you when you are there.

Hi,

In case you're not aware your cruise fare includes all of your food on board (unless you choose to dine in a speciality restaurant) - and there's lots of food available!  So unless you want to eat whilst you're ashore you don't have to.

There are usually 2 shows each evening timed around the meal times in the main dining room (MDR) - so that all guests can attend if they choose to. 

Each evening you will have a Cruise Compass left in your cabin which tells you about the activities on board for the next day, the shows / entertainment, times restaurants open - it's something I carry with me so I don't miss out on anything!

Enjoy your cruise

Sarah

Welcome! For first timers, I highly recommend using a travel agent.  You can still use one if you booked your cruise fairly recently and they are great at ensuring your first cruise goes off without a hitch.

That being said, we are happy to help with advice here too!

What/where do we eat at the ports? When do we get to see about shows or entertainment on the ship? Basically Im looking for a walk through so I dont have to ask a million questions when we get on the boat (even though I still will). 

Your ship will offer food through the day and evening, so whether at port or at sea, there will be plenty of food.

Entertainment will be posted each day in a daily newspaper for the ship, known as a Cruise Compass.  It will be delivered to your stateroom each evening.

I recently sailed on Majesty's 3 day sailing - let me know if you have any questions! 

Coco Cay is a fantastic beach destination, and consistently one of my favorite places to sail to. Since you're celebrating something, I might suggest checking out one of the dedicated beach loungers for 2 they have available for rental. 

Nassau can get mixed reviews and there are a handful of tours available through the cruise line, but I love the Brewery located directly outside the port area called Pirate Republic.