Anyone have the Allure bookings moved/confirmed to Wonder of the Seas today yet?

KenCP

I suspect they blocked out the cabins involved with the move so they could get the cruises on the website to sell remaining cabins.  It's a short sales cycle and not ideal so there will be a desire to get it out there.

With cabins for moves blocked off they can begin to work on individual moves and notify Allure guests "soon".  

That's my guess.  

10 minutes ago, twangster said:

With cabins for moves blocked off they can begin to work on individual moves and notify Allure guests "soon".  

I can confirm this information. I spoke with both my agent and Royal Caribbean representative in Crown and Anchor. Process will take up to two weeks. 
I have two friend families who were in 2 bedroom grand suites on Allure which Wonder does not have. I will report back what transpires for those on the blog wanting the full “scoop”

1 hour ago, AlmondFarmer said:

I can confirm this information. I spoke with both my agent and Royal Caribbean representative in Crown and Anchor. Process will take up to two weeks. 
I have two friend families who were in 2 bedroom grand suites on Allure which Wonder does not have. I will report back what transpires for those on the blog wanting the full “scoop”

Looking at the deck plans for Wonder it clear Royal designed this ship with way less suites than any other Oasis Class ship.  Although there are quite a few junior suites there are only a handful of grand suites and even fewer suites in categories above the standard one room grand.  Depending on how many suites about a junior Royal sold on Allure many customers may be in for a partial refund if the only cabins available are junior suites or ocean view balconies.

One thing is clear judging from the deck plans, if Royal sold at least 50% of their suites in grand suite or higher on Allure not every passenger who booked a grand suite or higher will be in a suite on Wonder of the Seas.

3 hours ago, AlmondFarmer said:

We had a Star Loft room on the Allure. I am not optimistic about our chances of retaining a Star Class room on Wonder. Looking at previous comments about these types of changes, I expect that Royal will not do anything to remedy the situation if we get moved to a Sky Class room.

23 hours ago, KenCP said:

Anyone have their bookings moved and confirmed for the transatlantic trip April 20, 2022?  Today is the day it is supposed to happen just wondering if you got the same type cabin.  

9/22 was the date is was to START happening.  The move are supposed to be completed by Oct 13th and we have until Oct 20th to cancel if we don't like the changes.

11 hours ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

We had a Star Loft room on the Allure. I am not optimistic about our chances of retaining a Star Class room on Wonder. Looking at previous comments about these types of changes, I expect that Royal will not do anything to remedy the situation if we get moved to a Sky Class room.

Perhaps they will allow you to shift your cruise to a different Wonder date.  I know that isn’t one of the listed options but with the huge SC category disparity, maybe they will consider that option.

All suites above junior suites were listed on the web site as "sold out" as early as June of this year.  We found out then that our son would be in Germany for the year and I started trying to book a suite on Allure for a 7 night Mediterranean cruise for 2022 to coincide with a visit to him and there were no GS or above to be found.  Perhaps they limited the inventory early in anticipation of this change.  Hopefully, this is the case, and it will work out well for those of you who were lucky enough to book early.

So I was on the RC site yesterday and saw the transatlantic on Wonder sailing April 20th. I was a bit concerned that people would start to book cabins before the move of guests from the Allure was complete. The suite category was listed as sold out. I have a ocean view balcony to be moved. However, I went to the site today and the only transatlantic listed for Wonder is coming back from Spain next fall. So it was up for a day and now not listed. I also have Air2Sea that has to be shuffled due to the date change. Not sure to call RC or just wait until I am moved to sort out the flights. Would love anyone's advice on this. P.S. I have been reading these posts for years and today finally signed up! Thank you all for the wealth of information you have provided.

22 hours ago, Kevin J said:

So I was on the RC site yesterday and saw the transatlantic on Wonder sailing April 20th. I was a bit concerned that people would start to book cabins before the move of guests from the Allure was complete. The suite category was listed as sold out. I have a ocean view balcony to be moved. However, I went to the site today and the only transatlantic listed for Wonder is coming back from Spain next fall. So it was up for a day and now not listed. I also have Air2Sea that has to be shuffled due to the date change. Not sure to call RC or just wait until I am moved to sort out the flights. Would love anyone's advice on this. P.S. I have been reading these posts for years and today finally signed up! Thank you all for the wealth of information you have provided.

I think Air2Sea will fix up your flights once changes are confirmed.  I am sure once RCL confirms your reservation on Wonder of the Seas you could give them a call to see if they are changing your flights.

Well, we got the news that our Star Loft was switched to a Grand Suite 1BR. That's disappointing, but we also got an email that they are retaining all of the Star Class benefits and amenities for our sailing with a $300 OBC thrown in to boot. 

I'm still disappointed about the room change, but this makes it at least tolerable, and I'm still thrilled about the itinerary. 

17 minutes ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

Well, we got the news that our Star Loft was switched to a Grand Suite 1BR. That's disappointing, but we also got an email that they are retaining all of the Star Class benefits and amenities for our sailing with a $300 OBC thrown in to boot. 

I'm still disappointed about the room change, but this makes it at least tolerable, and I'm still thrilled about the itinerary. 

So glad to hear that they are doing this !  I know it's a disappointment to be downgraded in size and location but having them honor the SC benefits, including the Genie, will make it palatable.  

18 minutes ago, VoidoftheSeas said:

Retaining the benefits is crucial. Room will be smaller and less extravagant. $300 credit will cover an excursion. 
Given the ability to sail on the newest ship, I’d be content with your situation.

I priced a large balcony with 4 guests now that ship is Wonder and the price was only $2K less than I paid for 2 bedroom Aqua when it was Allure.

That said, if there are any grand suites left after reacccomodations are made, I think you will find the price is higher than what you paid for Star Loft.

18 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Retaining the benefits is crucial. Room will be smaller and less extravagant. $300 credit will cover an excursion. 
Given the ability to sail on the newest ship, I’d be content with your situation.

I priced a large balcony with 4 guests now that ship is Wonder and the price was only $2K less than I paid for 2 bedroom Aqua when it was Allure.

That said, if there are any grand suites left after reacccomodations are made, I think you will find the price is higher than what you paid for Star Loft.

That's my expectation as well. And we got a killer deal on the Star Loft when we priced it in the first place, so I really doubt there will be any cost reduction for us at all.

We were booked in a Crown Loft Suite and were told today we were downgraded to a Jr. Suite. We are pretty disappointed and it doesn't feel like we are getting the same value for what we paid. I realize new ships bring higher price tags, but I booked for the itinerary and the room, not the ship so this feels like a bait and switch.    

Did a quick count. Allure has 88 suites grand and above. Wonder has 60.

Shortly before ship change announcement there were 7 suites grand or above available on Allure for June 5, 2022.

By this math there were 21 Allure grand suite or above reservations who will be downgraded to Junior Suite.

A family traveling with me who had a two bedroom grand suite on Allure were offered Wonder Junior suite or refund. 

Bummer.

47 minutes ago, AlmondFarmer said:

Did a quick count. Allure has 88 suites grand and above. Wonder has 60.

Shortly before ship change announcement there were 7 suites grand or above available on Allure for June 5, 2022.

By this math there were 21 Allure grand suite or above reservations who will be downgraded to Junior Suite.

A family traveling with me who had a two bedroom grand suite on Allure were offered Wonder Junior suite or refund. 

Bummer.

It's really unfortunate for full suite guests.  I underestimated the impact when the announcement was first made.  We were booked in a JS for September 4, 2022 and were moved to a cabin on the same deck so all is well for us.  Currently, our cruise planner shows the "balance" of our reservation (we were paid in full so this is the total of reservation of the wonder before correction and moving over payment), it's over $7000 cdn MORE than what we paid just for a junior suite.  We got a great deal when we initially booked on the Explorer, moved to the Harmony and then moved to the Allure.  I know we are not the only ones in this situation so I'm not sure how much "incentive" Royal has to make this right for others when they can command so much more for cabins.  I feel bad for people, I for one just want to be able to travel again...

17 hours ago, HawkeyeSarah said:

We were booked in a Crown Loft Suite and were told today we were downgraded to a Jr. Suite. We are pretty disappointed and it doesn't feel like we are getting the same value for what we paid. I realize new ships bring higher price tags, but I booked for the itinerary and the room, not the ship so this feels like a bait and switch.    

Are they honouring the sky class perks and offering onboard credit? Any word on repricing?

Received a call today from my TA, and was downgraded from a Crown Loft Suite to a 1 bedroom Grand Suite.   Not very happy about this, and feel that an onboard credit is owed.  Having 200sq ft less in the room, and 1 less bathroom without providing a credit is not great customer service.

Well the Transatlantic trip is back for Wonder sailing out of Fort Lauderdale on the 20th of April. Still waiting to receive news we have been moved. We have two ocean balconies. I had hoped they would wait until we all were aboard. Oh well. Can only wait and see. I do think Wonder has the most balconies of any ship out there, so that's a comfort. Sorry to hear some Suite guests aren't getting a one-to-one transfer.

So can someone help with a question? Just got moved to Wonder from Allure sailing April 20th 2022 and noticed my vacation receipt is now showing around $1500 more for the sailing. The email I got said the price would be locked in at the Allure rate. I did notice the port expenses more than doubled. They went from $143 per person to $380 per person.

2 hours ago, Kevin J said:

So can someone help with a question? Just got moved to Wonder from Allure sailing April 20th 2022 and noticed my vacation receipt is now showing around $1500 more for the sailing. The email I got said the price would be locked in at the Allure rate. I did notice the port expenses more than doubled. They went from $143 per person to $380 per person.

This seems to be common with this sort of transfer. Eventually they fix the accounting and the correct fare shows. I'm not sure about port fees though..you may be on the hook for that difference.

3 hours ago, Kevin J said:

Mine seems higher also

We were booked in a Crown Loft Suite on the Allure for the October 30 transatlantic sailing.

The Wonder has the same number of suites as the Allure - but this is because they increased the Junior Suites from 86 to 114.

The Allure had 2 Star Loft, 2 Panoramic, 17 Crown Loft, 6 Grand 2 bedroom and 2 Grand suites that aren't present on the Wonder.

If Royal Caribbean had assigned Wonder cabins based on the original suite category, all of the full suites that were above would have been placed into full suites on the Wonder, with some reservations moved down 1 level, but no lower than Grand.

But that's not what they did.  Evidently to minimize disruption, they moved suites from the Allure to the same class on the Wonder until they ran out - and then moved most of the displaced reservations for Crown Loft and other categories down to Junior Suite.

While they are offering the same Sky/Star amenities as the original cabin plus $300 ($10.71 per day per person for a 14 night cruise), they have an unreasonable offer on the cabin fare - you pay the lower of the original fare for your original cabin OR the current fare for the Junior Suite (which is probably over $11,000 for a 14 night cruise, for 2 people).

So the offer they're making is to pay what you would have paid for a larger cabin - end up with a much smaller Junior Suite (1/2 to 1/3 the size), and what you get are the same amenities plus a $300 credit.

And what makes this really unfair - those Allure reservations made for Grand or Junior suites are at the original price - so the affected customers will pay more than other customers that originally booked GS or JS.

In our case, we could end up paying $5100 more than other JS customers - which is far more than the value of Sky class plus a $300 onboard credit.

What would make sense is for Royal to offer the JS fare as of the time of the original reservation - so you wouldn't be penalized for booking a larger cabin originally and then getting downgraded.

But so far, Royal doesn't appear to be willing to admit their mistake in how they handled this transition for full suite passengers - and appears more interested in getting us to request a refund - and then rebook the Junior Suites at the current (much higher price).

Our travel agent has been unable to make any progress in getting an offer that makes sense.

I've called Royal Caribbean and talked with their Resolutions group - and they're unable to help, because a different group made the decision on how the cabins would be allocated and the offers made to the downgraded full suite customers.

Unlike cancellations for COVID, this mess is caused entirely by poor Royal Caribbean business decisions - they decided to switch ships, they decided how the cabins would be allocated, and they decided the offers for the displaced passengers.

If you're in this situation, we have until October 20 to get a better offer for the Wonder sailing before we have to request a full refund.

Have your travel agent call Royal Caribbean, complain about the situation - and ask for a better offer.

And if that doesn't work, then contact Royal Caribbean yourself.

If enough of the affected customers (which could be over 600 across the transatlantic and European sailings) raise this issue, perhaps Royal Caribbean will review what they've done and realize what they've offered makes no sense - and then come up with a better solution.

We are on the June 5th cruise out of Barcelona and got moved to the Wonder.  But we also got downgraded from a crown loft suite to a grand suite.  We were given a $300 OBC, which I find pretty insulting.  I feel a grand suite is a huge step down from the loft suites.  We booked this cruise with the crown loft suite room being one of the main attractions, we love the rear facing room watching all the action of the ship while still seeing the ocean.  

I agree Royal probably wants us all to cancel our cruises so they can resell our rooms at higher rates, which I think is horrible.  So what are our options?  Will they let us change the date to stay in a crown loft suite (although unlikely since the wonder has so few crown loft suites)?  Has anyone got anywhere with Royal on this?  Thanks

1 hour ago, JustJoe said:

Has anyone got anywhere with Royal on this?  Thanks

They held firm in terms offered for two families traveling with me. (Each downgraded from 2 bedroom grand suite to Junior suite) If you cancel, Royal will sell the Grand suite you were downgraded to for more than your original crown loft rate. 
I recommend requesting a date change if your schedule is flexible. Chances are low you will find an available loft due to decrease supply on Wonder and the high suite booking levels when ship was Allure.

This process has been a huge bummer for +\- 30 reservations per sail date and a bonus to all others. (Unless one doesn’t like the smell of a new ship)

6 hours ago, JustJoe said:

We are on the June 5th cruise out of Barcelona and got moved to the Wonder.  But we also got downgraded from a crown loft suite to a grand suite.  We were given a $300 OBC, which I find pretty insulting.  I feel a grand suite is a huge step down from the loft suites.  We booked this cruise with the crown loft suite room being one of the main attractions, we love the rear facing room watching all the action of the ship while still seeing the ocean.  

I agree Royal probably wants us all to cancel our cruises so they can resell our rooms at higher rates, which I think is horrible.  So what are our options?  Will they let us change the date to stay in a crown loft suite (although unlikely since the wonder has so few crown loft suites)?  Has anyone got anywhere with Royal on this?  Thanks

Downgrading from Crown Loft to Grand Loft is basically a single category downgrade.  While that's frustrating, it's much better than what most Crown Loft reservations got - which was shoved all of the way down to Junior Suite, and being asked to pay the original Crown Loft fare.

They did offer Sky Class amenities plus $300 OBC (which is the same for a 7 night and 14 night cruise) - but that's not anywhere close to being worth the price difference between the original Crown Loft fare and the fare of a Junior Suite (if it had been booked at the same time).

But between Crown Loft and Grand Loft - the difference isn't as much - and while the GS is smaller than CLS, you are at least still in the new Suite Neighborhood...  Though if they are expecting you to be paying the same CLS fare for the smaller GS with the same Sky class amenities - and all they are providing is a $300 OBC - you are overpaying, since the other GS passengers probably paid about 2/3 of your fare, if they had booked at the same time...

6 minutes ago, Bob_Hou said:

Downgrading from Crown Loft to Grand Loft is basically a single category downgrade.

But between Crown Loft and Grand Loft 

I think you meant to say Grand Suite instead of Grand Loft.  Oasis class ships do not have Grand Lofts but on the Quantum class ships, the Grand Loft is Star Class so that would be a very nice UPgrade.

On 10/5/2021 at 6:10 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

I think you meant to say Grand Suite instead of Grand Loft.  Oasis class ships do not have Grand Lofts but on the Quantum class ships, the Grand Loft is Star Class so that would be a very nice UPgrade.

Still missing our loft...  Yes - meant CLS to GS (no GLS on Allure or Wonder).

We do have a GLS reserved on the Ovation for a twice-cancelled New Zealand cruise.

Hopefully they won't "upgrade" us to the Wonder on that cruise - and then go through this process again with the smaller Suite Neighborhood on the Wonder...