Canadian mix vaccine wall

Razorrayy

I am one of the millions of Canadians who took the first dose available, which in this case was AstraZeneca. I was fine with it because I wanted some sort of protection, but when it come to my second dose the AstraZeneca was removed from the clinics due a over abundance to safety.  Pfizer was then offered as my second dose as recommended by Health Canada, which again I trusted and received my second dose. 

I have a fully vaccinated status within Canada and some other countries, but the CDC has refused to accept this as. Fully vaccinated in which the cruise companies including Royal has said that they also don’t accept this as fully vaccinated. 

I have my dream cruise booked in February on Symphony of the Seas, I am not giving up hope and will make final payment in hopes it will change. 

How many other cruises lovers have fallen victim to this rule?

Add me to this list!

I have the AZ and Moderna, a combination which is not considered vaccinated by the CDC and therefore RCL.

We cancelled a cruise in Oct on Allure and our next is on Odyssey in Jan.  Hoping that final payment is extended so we can get a better idea what rules and protocols will be and not end up in the Refund / FCC carousel again.

Are you able to get the third shot in order to match your vaccines.  I believe in Quebec they are now offering the third shot to people that had a mix of vaccines or are immunocompromised.  You may want to contact your local health authority to see if you can get the Pfizer shot which is now be named Cominarty.

2 hours ago, Razorrayy said:

I am one of the millions of Canadians who took the first dose available, which in this case was AstraZeneca. I was fine with it because I wanted some sort of protection, but when it come to my second dose the AstraZeneca was removed from the clinics due a over abundance to safety.  Pfizer was then offered as my second dose as recommended by Health Canada, which again I trusted and received my second dose. 

I have a fully vaccinated status within Canada and some other countries, but the CDC has refused to accept this as. Fully vaccinated in which the cruise companies including Royal has said that they also don’t accept this as fully vaccinated. 

I have my dream cruise booked in February on Symphony of the Seas, I am not giving up hope and will make final payment in hopes it will change. 

How many other cruises lovers have fallen victim to this rule?

I have heard the suggestion (and it's only that at this point), if your doctor can prescribe a second Pfizer shot (a third for you)...this may cover you for fully immunized (as long as the record shows such). 

Again, just a suggested path of exploration.

I decided to wait when AZ became available because it had not yet been approved in the US and since my reason for getting vaccinated was to travel I was worried about it not being accepted which is exactly what has happened. By waiting I was able to get Pfizer about 3 weeks after AZ became available and now have 2 doses of Pfizer. I have an antigen test this afternoon and if negative will be flying to Seattle tomorrow and boarding Ovation on Friday.

I know many people with an AZ and Pfizer/Moderna though who are in the same situation. They are considered fully vaccinated here in Canada and most other countries and I believe also by the WHO. It is only the US CDC which is not recognizing them as fully vaccinated.

6 hours ago, KenCP said:

Are you able to get the third shot in order to match your vaccines.  I believe in Quebec they are now offering the third shot to people that had a mix of vaccines or are immunocompromised.  You may want to contact your local health authority to see if you can get the Pfizer shot which is now be named Cominarty.

I am in Ontario which is not providing 3 shot boosters for International travel, I am hoping they change this in the near future.

2 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

I decided to wait when AZ became available because it had not yet been approved in the US and since my reason for getting vaccinated was to travel I was worried about it not being accepted which is exactly what has happened. By waiting I was able to get Pfizer about 3 weeks after AZ became available and now have 2 doses of Pfizer. I have an antigen test this afternoon and if negative will be flying to Seattle tomorrow and boarding Ovation on Friday.

I know many people with an AZ and Pfizer/Moderna though who are in the same situation. They are considered fully vaccinated here in Canada and most other countries and I believe also by the WHO. It is only the US CDC which is not recognizing them as fully vaccinated.

One of the most frustrating part is Royal doesn't need to follow the CDC ruling, and they are testing everyone before boarding so darn-it-all let us cruise!!!

3 hours ago, Gears said:

I have heard the suggestion (and it's only that at this point), if your doctor can prescribe a second Pfizer shot (a third for you)...this may cover you for fully immunized (as long as the record shows such). 

Again, just a suggested path of exploration.

Its worth a try, better call my Doctor

3 hours ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

58 minutes ago, Razorrayy said:

One of the most frustrating part is Royal doesn't need to follow the CDC ruling, and they are testing everyone before boarding so darn-it-all let us cruise!!!

it will get sorted - eventually. AZ  or vax versa or vax a million..... whatever the new name is now IS not going to be cut out of the US market gravy train forever. They did not make much money on the vax as the others have. They were the cheapest cost. They have a huge30K+ trial going on now for FDA approval. I'm hoping for great numbers too as i have the double AZ shot. Razor your salty language reminded me of one other way you could get out of your dilemma by way of 'taking care of it right here in Brainerd'. As they did in the that great movie version of that true story.

YARN | to take care of that right here in Brainerd. | Fargo (1996) | Video  clips by quotes | 636b8976 | 紗