Double Points and Repricing

pmh

Thanks for the reply.  As I understand it repricing is essentially a cancellation and rebook but I guess that can't be taken literally or it would be a forfeiture of non refundable deposits.  But where does RC draw the line on that.  I heard that repricing would eliminate any on board credit promotions?

38 minutes ago, pmh said:

Thanks for the reply.  As I understand it repricing is essentially a cancellation and rebook but I guess that can't be taken literally or it would be a forfeiture of non refundable deposits.  But where does RC draw the line on that.  I heard that repricing would eliminate any on board credit promotions?

It isn't really a cancellation and new booking in North America.  I think the UK has that restriction.  

With a reprice (in North America) you retain the same booking number, same booking date, same deposit, etc.  Like changing cabins doesn't cause a cancellation and new booking, neither should a reprice.  

Repricing can cause some forms of OBC to be lost.  If you booked under a sale or promo that included OBC when you reprice you forfeit any offers from the original promo and you obtain any new offers for the current promo.  That often results in loss of OBC but could result in new OBC if the current promo includes OBC.  It depends but make sure to ask the question when looking into a reprice - "Will I lose my OBC?".

Changing ship and/or sail date is another matter.  

38 minutes ago, pmh said:

Repricing may change on board credit if it was part of the price.  For example, if you booked during a "Save 30% on the second guest and get $200 OBC" promotion and you reprice under a "$400 off your booking" promotion, then that $200 OBC goes away.  However, it's important to look at your final cost because the base price of the cruise is also constantly changing.  In my example, there's not enough information to tell which is the better deal.  You should only reprice if the final cost actually saves you money.

Even in some circumstances such as a change in sailing date or ship won't result in a new booking. I changed from a March Oasis to a Jan Mariner and still have the same booking number and date. I think with CWC, it just becomes about the details. They don't bother to cancel, just move some things around. But that's with a TA.

On 9/22/2021 at 8:35 AM, twangster said:

Repricing can cause some forms of OBC to be lost.  If you booked under a sale or promo that included OBC when you reprice you forfeit any offers from the original promo and you obtain any new offers for the current promo.  That often results in loss of OBC but could result in new OBC if the current promo includes OBC.  It depends but make sure to ask the question when looking into a reprice - "Will I lose my OBC?". 

Would repricing a cruise with Next Cruise OBC potentially lose the OBC? I know those offers are kinda separate from regular royal sales.

I was wondering about this when I saw the article that the promo was ending soon.  I was thinking I could book a cruise for this summer knowing there is a good chance I might have to move the ship/date in a couple months once I know my family schedule better. I read the FAQs on the RCL website but didn’t see it addressed, but after reading the comments above it sounds like if I move the sailing then it is most likely a new booking and would lose the double points offer. 

8 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

@DunwoodyDadOBC is different. Really depends on when you move the sailing and such. I kept the same reservation number and date even though I moved dates and classes.

Yeah.  I’m talking about the double points. Just hate to miss the promotion if I’m probably booking a summer 2022 cruise anyways. I just know whatever I choose, there is a pretty good chance I will have to switch. We are currently discussing everything from a week in the Caribbean, one of the shorter cruises out of LA, and maybe even something in the Med.