How do you feel about Quantum moving to China

AGSLC5

When I found out that Royal would be moving Quantum to China I was not happy. I feel lucky that I am going in March and will get to experience Quantum. Going to China is not something that is very feasable for me mostly cost wise and I am pretty surprised they decided on this move.. Anyway I am curious what do all the fellow members think of this news?? Post and let me know. - Stephanie 

When I found out that Royal would be moving Quantum to China I was not happy. I feel lucky that I am going in March and will get to experience Quantum. Going to China is not something that is very feasable for me mostly cost wise and I am pretty surprised they decided on this move.. Anyway I am curious what do all the fellow members think of this news?? Post and let me know. - Stephanie 

I think it is interesting that they are doing it - but most likely that is why the sailings they have coming out from Nov - March 2015 have been so random and all over the place, they are trying to get more people to see the ship in various sailings - glad I am booked on it in November - the Asian market though will be good for this ship and they must want a bigger ship for Asia/Pacific areas.  At least the Anthem is now going to be out of NYC in 2015-16.

I want to sail on the Quantum class, but obviously won't be able to sail on Quantum of the Seas this or next year. But Quantum will most likely return, so I'm not too upset about it. China is an emerging cruise market, and Royal Caribbean is smart in sending their most technologically advanced ship to one of the most technologically advanced parts of the world. Obviously if things don't go as planned, Quantum will high tail it back to the US.  ;)

When I found out that Royal would be moving Quantum to China I was not happy.

Being that it is Royal Caribbean International I am very happy to see them mixing it up finally and sending their premier ships to all corners of the world and not just the USA. Great decision for cruisers, great decision for RCI and I look forward to maybe one of these beauties visits Australia in the near future.

I am sure they have their reasons and it makes good business sense.

I don't like the "bait and switch" feeling right now though ...

Quantum will be year-round out of NJ , except for the season it spends in China ...

Anthem will be split between Southampton and Ft Lauderdale , except it wont because we are sending it to NJ to cover the previous change ...

Definitely glad I gave up on waiting for Anthem sailings to drop and went ahead and booked a different cruise when I was on Allure last month.

Guess it hasn't really changed anything for me, except I now know I wont be trying Quantum class until at least the Winter 2016/Spring 2017 season :)

I was really surprised by the decision but it makes good business sense if that's where RC sees the money being.  If Europe had panned out nearly as well as they had hoped a few years ago, we'd have seen Oasis-class ships there earlier but market never materialized.

Anthem coming to NY is fine with me (and even Liberty in the meantime is still an upgrade over Explorer).  

I was really surprised by the decision but it makes good business sense if that's where RC sees the money being.  If Europe had panned out nearly as well as they had hoped a few years ago, we'd have seen Oasis-class ships there earlier but market never materialized.

Anthem coming to NY is fine with me (and even Liberty in the meantime is still an upgrade over Explorer).  

Wow, seems New York really made out. 

We've just recently returned from Mariner of the Seas cruise from Singapore to Shanghai and had a great time. The entertainment was fantastic and the food was still the usual RC standards (although had heard some poor reviews before going). So I would love to go back and see more and enjoy a bigger ship! Although there have been some changes to Mariner for the Chinese/ Asian market - lots more shops on the promenade and fewer places to sit and enjoy a drink - they've crammed cafe promenade, Ben & Jerrys and sorrentos all into one location,

So I'm just hoping that they think about these things and not start making changes to quantum 6 months later! Our cruise was predominately UK,

US, Canadians and Australian guests which is apparently not always the case on these cruise route but I did hear a lot of complaints about the ship changes so fingers crossed that Quantum has the perfect balance to suit all cruisers without the need for many changes!

We've just recently returned from Mariner of the Seas cruise from Singapore to Shanghai and had a great time. The entertainment was fantastic and the food was still the usual RC standards (although had heard some poor reviews before going). So I would love to go back and see more and enjoy a bigger ship! Although there have been some changes to Mariner for the Chinese/ Asian market - lots more shops on the promenade and fewer places to sit and enjoy a drink - they've crammed cafe promenade, Ben & Jerrys and sorrentos all into one location,

So I'm just hoping that they think about these things and not start making changes to quantum 6 months later! Our cruise was predominately UK,

US, Canadians and Australian guests which is apparently not always the case on these cruise route but I did hear a lot of complaints about the ship changes so fingers crossed that Quantum has the perfect balance to suit all cruisers without the need for many changes!

Thanks for the first hand report!

Great information - one question - do you see a lot of people that smoke on the ship when its in Asia?  I keep wandering if they relax the ship rules when its over in Europe/Asia - curious?

Well, being in Australia, it's closer to me than New York, so that makes me happy. I don't see why the U.S. or Europe should get the new ships all the time, so I think it's a great move on RCI's part.

Seeing your Signature with Azamara?  have you sailed with them?  I just did my first in February and loved it?