Price changes on cruise booked with group rate

UNCFanatik

13 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

I booked with a TA and they received a group rate.

Its past final payment and I see where the price has dropped on my sailing. Am I correct that since my cabin was booked by TA under group rate that I would not be eligible for rate adjustments or OBC now?

I am booked with a group rate for Liberty this November, i received a price drop OBC last week; I emailed my TA and it was easily handled.

Only your TA will know that.  I used to be with a TA who gave out a lot of group rates.  It was not worth it.  I was hard to track prices, sometimes it would qualify for a drop, sometimes it would not.  In the end, when covid hit and it affected one of my cruises that there was a group rate on, it messed with the refund process as well.

46 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Only your TA will know that.  I used to be with a TA who gave out a lot of group rates.  It was not worth it.  I was hard to track prices, sometimes it would qualify for a drop, sometimes it would not.  In the end, when covid hit and it affected one of my cruises that there was a group rate on, it messed with the refund process as well.

Same here. My travel agent before I found MEI put everything in a group rate in order to be able to show lower rates. But like you, I found it to be too much of a hassle to deal with.

UNCFanatik, I hope you're able to get a price drop! 🙂