Adventure of the seas going to be Amplified?

Adventure was mostly amped already.  She was pretty much the start of the amplification movement and the success with her upgrades led to the official amplification program being sold to the board that some other ships received.  In that sense Adventure was the trial amplification.  She received water slides, new venues like Izumi, updates around the ship in other venues, new cabins, new mini golf, suite lounge, etc.  

She did not get a Playmakers and her pool deck did not get a complete makeover like on Navigator (but neither did Mariner with her amp).  Really it comes down to Playmakers being absent and maybe The Bamboo Room.  Not all ships got those so it's hard to know what Adventure was supposed to get in her "amp".  Some of that was probably marketing so they could officially call her "amped".  

The point is Adventure has received a number of updates but it wasn't called an amplification at the time.  

36 minutes ago, smiles998 said:

More than anything else, I am hoping for more eating venues.... Boardwalk Dog House, El Loco Fresh, Jamie's Italian, Playmakers Sports bar, or even just a dedicated location for Serrentos and expanding the Cafe Promenade...  🤔..😋

Definitely no dedicated Sorrento's. That's Freedom class and newer.  No Voyager class has had a dedicated Sorrento's installed.

I thought Royal said there was no amplifications done for the time being due to COVID crisis. Doesn’t mean they won’t do dry docks. Maintenance has to be done. Mostly technical to ships and engines. Some ships might get new beds, new carpets. But I would not expect any new slides, restaurants, or features for the time being. 

1 hour ago, Oliver said:

I thought Royal said there was no amplifications done for the time being due to COVID crisis. Doesn’t mean they won’t do dry docks. Maintenance has to be done. Mostly technical to ships and engines. Some ships might get new beds, new carpets. But I would not expect any new slides, restaurants, or features for the time being. 

She already received slides, new restaurants, cabin updates, suite lounge, etc.  

Adventure received all the hallmarks upgrades of an amplification one year before they started calling them amplifications.  She was the start of the amplification process, they just hadn't coined the term yet.

Granted she did not Playmakers but neither did Voyager in her amplification.

Granted she did not get a new resort style pool deck but neither did Mariner in her amplification.

It always amazes me how one marketing word catches so many people up.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Geoff P said:

Any details on what Adventure had done in dry dock?  I know nobody has been on yet since, but just curious if any rumors or details have been floating around…wife is hoping for an El Loco Fresh lol

I assume just technical work.  It got some passenger facing work done in around 2018 or so (I believe) including slides, some room refreshes, Izumi on the promenade, and some other things.  I went on Adventure in June, I don't expect any differences.  Their marketing team is usually pretty good at making us all very aware of updates.

6 hours ago, stevendom57 said:

It's interesting that they are not in a hurry to get across the Atlantic. The last post from MarineTraffic.com was a couple days ago and they were poking along at 18kt. I wonder if there is an issue or just saving fuel.

18knots is a relatively normal speed for those ships.  Not much sense in running high power/high fuel burn if the time doesn't require it.  More power would give it like 21-22 knots probably at a lot of extra fuel and costs.  

On 10/29/2021 at 2:00 PM, stevendom57 said:

It's interesting that they are not in a hurry to get across the Atlantic. The last post from MarineTraffic.com was a couple days ago and they were poking along at 18kt. I wonder if there is an issue or just saving fuel.

Not sure I’d call 18 knots “poking along”.  That may be the best top speed for the sea conditions.  

Other ships crossed at 8-9 knots during the shutdown.  

On 11/4/2021 at 8:56 AM, smokeybandit said:

18 knots is basically a cruising (no pun intended) speed. She can only max out at 22.5.

Exactly. Just because you can go faster doesn't mean you have to. The ships move at their chosen speed for days on end is not like being in a car where you have to stop every few hours for fuel, food, bathroom breaks, stretching, sleep, etc.  A cruise is a marathon not a race. Plus if something comes up they can pick up speed if needed. For instance we recently had a medical emergency onboard while heading to Cozumel from Galveston on Liberty. They chose to run full speed to get there a few hours sooner which I'm sure cost Royal a pretty penny. 

Plus running at full speed all the time not only costs more in fuel but it also increases wear and tear on the mechanical systems involved. If you had to move all drydock work up two years on every ship because you constantly run them at full speed fares would have to be increased while also factoring in fuel increases that could mean twice the cost to go on a cruise cutting out a portion of your markets ability to pay. I suspect that if that were to happen less people would even want to go and we wouldn't have anything like the Oasis class in the water. 

On 11/4/2021 at 9:56 AM, CrimsonCruiser said:

I didn't want to make a new thread on a similar topic so I hope its okay I drop this here - what are our thoughts on Allure getting that missed amplification in before Aug 2022? >.> asking for a friend.

Given she has cruises booked all the way through then, I'd say slim. They'd have to cancel at least 10-11 sailings, maybe more. I just don't see them doing that on such short notice.

I do think it'll happen before her next scheduled technical drydock, which should be in 2025. I don't think they'll wait that long...but I could be wrong.