Spring Break cruise 2022

beccaball

I have a cruise booked that has been rebooked 5x do to covid cancellations from 2020 & 2021. Now please do not bash on me,.... but I can not get a covid vaccine. I have (APS) antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.... My doctor has advised me not to get the vaccine because of this. So what are my options?

Do I wait it out & hope that the mandates change in March.....do you think that it would change by then?

I truly do not want to reschedule and have FCC....I'm to the point where I'd just really like my money back since I can not get the vaccine so I don't feel like this will change any time soon?

What is the suggestion? I'm tired of booking and rebooking etc (As I know alot of you are)

37 minutes ago, beccaball said:

I have a cruise booked that has been rebooked 5x do to covid cancellations from 2020 & 2021. Now please do not bash on me,.... but I can not get a covid vaccine. I have (APS) antiphospholipid antibody syndrome.... My doctor has advised me not to get the vaccine because of this. So what are my options?

Do I wait it out & hope that the mandates change in March.....do you think that it would change by then?

I truly do not want to reschedule and have FCC....I'm to the point where I'd just really like my money back since I can not get the vaccine so I don't feel like this will change any time soon?

What is the suggestion? I'm tired of booking and rebooking etc (As I know alot of you are)

There are now provisions for medical contradictions !  You will just need to contact special need (special_needs@rccl.com).  Here is the response I got back from them regarding this issue:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the Access Department.

Vaccine accommodation requests are only being considered for active reservations. Please send us your reservation number and a doctor's letter on the office letterhead with the following information:

•    Name and DOB of the guests who are requesting an accommodation
•    Medical reason that the guests are unable to be vaccinated
•    Confirmation that they are medically fit to travel

Best Regards,

Patrick Burden
Access Advocate

Good luck.  The tricky part, of course, is getting your doctor to sign the letter but it shouldn't be an issue with your medical history.  Keep in mind that even if they allow you onboard, you will most likely STILL be excluded from some activities and venues.