Star Class Wedding! Oasis Of The Seas November 7, 2021

Booscruize

I am both excited and terrified to begin my first live Blog here of my first ever Star Class sailing and also….our wedding! I can only hope it is HALF as good as the amazing bloggers I read religiously here! 48 DAYS! Here we go! 

The Story- My husband and I (I will explain!) booked this cruise for our wedding 2 YEARS ago during a Black Friday sale at an amazing price! We both LOVE cruising…so much so that we have a YouTube channel called BoosCruize so it seemed natural that we would choose to tie the knot in a small ceremony on the high seas! So after much research we decided on the Star Loft Suite 1720 on Oasis Of The Seas! This suite had a HUGE rectangular balcony that could fit guests and also give us the ocean view we wanted….and a Genie to help us pull it all off! What could go wrong?!? Enter…COVID 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ As you can imagine we basically needed a new pair of britches every other day for the last two years as things changed. It’s a good thing I buzz cut my head or I’d probably be bald and NOT by choice LOL  
  A year later we weren’t even sure if this cruise would happen but we also KNEW we wanted to be married. So when a company came to us and asked to throw us a huge West Coast “David Tutera” style wedding in Hollywood that will be published for magazines we obviously said YES! We now have two bi-coastal weddings Lol It was amazingly gorgeous but nothing was our choice. It was all chosen for us….right down to our tuxes. We feel BEYOND blessed but it also wasn’t what we had in our head two years ago. So now here we are….our guest list of 50 has gone down to 12 due to covid complications. Are we upset? HECK NO! We completely understand and are going to have the time of our LIVES on a gorgeous ship surrounded by people who love us! We can’t wait! 

Who: We are an LA couple. Jarell is an international Flight attendant (yaasss benefits!) and I am an actor who just moved from NYC in time for a pandemic to close Hollywood 😂😂

Where: We are sailing on the Oasis Of The Seas out of Miami in the Star Loft Suite 1720 with stops at Coco Cay, St.Thomas, and St. Maarten 

When: We sail November 7th-14th, 2021

I think that covers most of the back story and introductions! So happy to meet you all and take you along with us on this very special journey that is over 2 years in the making! Can’t wait to see who our Genie will be! 

For good measure I have included a photo of the happy grooms from our West Coast Wedding! 

F0ED52C3-8B6B-4F1F-AC3B-1BBDFB597175.jpeg

Checked our email and LOOK what was there!!! It’s beginning to feel REAL now! Can’t wait to find out who our genie will be! Of course Jarell is away flying for work when I get this email…so I can’t fill out the survey until tomorrow! Gives me a chance to think in depth about this Elon Musk question….oy vey! 😂😂

E95E36FA-C88C-4556-9255-525EF93A86F7.jpeg

23 minutes ago, twangster said:

Congratulations!  🎉🎊🥂

Should be a great cruise and awesome event in Star Class no less. Enjoy!

Thank you so much! We cannot WAIT! This is sure to be a cruise to remember! Especially since this is his first EVER cruise with Royal! For him to start with Oasis and Star Class is gonna be hard to go back LOL 

I am following for sure!!  I am getting off the Oasis when you are getting on...but looking forward to follow all your info as soon as I return home!  I love your story 👨‍❤️‍👨 .  My son (maybe not so much his husband) would have LOVED a "David Tutera" wedding!!!  

My best to you and Jarell...looking forward to reading more of your story!

12 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

I am following for sure!!  I am getting off the Oasis when you are getting on...but looking forward to follow all your info as soon as I return home!  I love your story 👨‍❤️‍👨 .  My son (maybe not so much his husband) would have LOVED a "David Tutera" wedding!!!  

My best to you and Jarell...looking forward to reading more of your story!

The wedding was amazing and it was very odd to be crying and then suddenly have someone hold a camera live stream up to your face and say things like “Amsterdam sends their love!” 😂😂😂 and yay for you holding down the Oasis fort for us before we board! I’ve been watching all the boards and vlogs to see how things are going on the ship. Everyone seems thrilled so far! 

11 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

I have literally been waiting forever for this blog!  I feel like we have followed your Star Class journey with you for quite some time now!  It's finally getting close!  Keep your fingers crossed for Shane!!

You have NO idea how much this made me smile! Your blogs are the main reason I was excited…..and also petrified to do this LOL How can I possibly content with your effortless fabulosity? You will be happy to know the FIRST request on the wish list is dinner at Coastal  Kitchen Night one for Filet! It’s happening!!! 

I would never DREAM of it! Conversely, I am also not missing out on @Matt favs like the famous chicken parm sandwich on Coco Cay or Izumi either so never you fear. Needless to say I will be packing some stretchy pants…..or a tarp for the ride home 😂😂

@Booscruize I watched some of your YouTube videos and the wedding highlights! My fiancée and I are planning a similar event. We plan to elope with just two of our closest family members. We want to have a buddymoon where we celebrate our nuptials with everyone who has the resources to make it. Originally, I looked at getting married on a ship. As a same sex couple, this would have been difficult due to laws of the various ports.

Congratulations again! 🖤🏳️‍🌈

5 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

@Booscruize I watched some of your YouTube videos and the wedding highlights! My fiancée and I are planning a similar event. We plan to elope with just two of our closest family members. We want to have a buddymoon where we celebrate our nuptials with everyone who has the resources to make it. Originally, I looked at getting married on a ship. As a same sex couple, this would have been difficult due to laws of the various ports.

Congratulations again! 🖤🏳️‍🌈

Thank you so very much! Yes getting married ON the ship required several hoops to jump through regarding same sex couples and also Maritime law etc etc. Truthfully we were ALWAYS going to do the paperwork in LA just the two of us as a formality. However it turned into a full blown wedding. However on the ship this is what we had envisioned. Small, intimate, just us and close friends exchanging vows at sunset with champagne and hors d'oeuvres followed by dinner. Then a WEEK long vacation with friends. Simple….and thankfully we are going to do just that! I am so thrilled to be able to show  a different representation of love and I am SO happy for you and yours! 

Pre-Cruise Planning:

Excursions/Ports:

Coco Cay- Thrill Water Park! We have NEVER been to Coco Cay! This is very exciting for us because we are thrilled seekers and couldn’t contain our excitement about the water slides! We also want to explore the entire island. Because of this we decided not to do a Cabana because we doubt we would spend enough time in it to make it worth it. We know that we will be in many locations trying out all the amenities and food!! Chicken sandwich and mozzarella sticks anyone?!? 

St. Thomas- The ONE excursion that we were set on doing was the Sea Lion Swim in St. Thomas! We had it in the cart three months ago and got ready to check out! Computer glitch….we call…SOLD OUT 😩😩😩 there is no waiting list either. We will mention this in our initial Genie wishlist and see if there is any magic to be done. If not it won’t be the end of the world. We will do something that involves a tour and beach day! 

St. Maarten- We have been to this beautiful island several times and each time we say we are doing Maho Beach and each time we decide not to becaus did crowds. Well NOT THIS TIME! We are absolutely going to go this time because with reduced ship numbers it seems like the PERFECT time. Plan to take taxi to Maho Beach and find some chairs, umbrellas, and cocktails! 

Travel/Hotels

I am originally from Florida. Due to health concerns my Mom won’t be able to join us on this cruise. However, I may be a grown man but I am also an only child. If I dared step foot in Florida without seeing my Mother (She is a southern Belle but she means BUSINESS!!)Jarell would be a widow before we even got married LOL Also I am just realizing there is no gay equivalent to widow/widower. I digress because of this we plan to travel to Tampa and stay Thursday/Friday to visit family. Despite having free flight privileges we decided that it was better to rent a car in Tampa on Saturday and drive to Miami with all our wedding supplies like welcome aboard gift bags for our guests and decor etc. Plus Jarell has never made this car trip and wants to see Alligator Alley. If you’re from Florida seeing an alligator is just a Tuesday but hey 🤷🏽‍♂️ get your thrills babe LOL 

We debated on where to stay in Miami on Saturday night knowing only that our one requirement was that we wanted a port view! We originally planned on staying at the Intercontinental but after checking pricing and locations we decided that for the same price of a room at Intercontinental we could get a suite at Holiday Inn Port Of Miami. That would also allow us to hosts our friends as they come in town if we choose to. Plus we can walk across the street to the restaurants and shops. And wake up early to watch Oasis sail in! This is the suite we chose! 328FED52-37EE-47F5-937E-DD4BD0AB3E26.thumb.jpeg.9a0c6ec524dbebbcca6b1899efee8bf0.jpeg

We are also super excited that on Saturday night we booked reservations for dinner at The Versace Mansion! People RAVE about the food and I can’t imagine a more fabulous or appropriate place to dine before sailing out of Miami for a Star Class Gay wedding than here! LOL 

A41A008F-5532-4584-BA63-0D684CB15868.thumb.jpeg.c6b4e20843d8a4e61e0311bc50f0e856.jpeg

This is getting long so I will be back when we hear from our Genie!! I hear they are all fantastic on Oasis but thanks to the expert suggestion from @Lovetocruise2002we made a plea for Shane as our Genie on our survey LOL *fingers crossed! 

10 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@Booscruize it’s been a crazy few days and I finally had a chance to sit down and watch some of your YouTube videos. You guys make me smile! Congrats and I say videos are a must in November!

Oh my goodness you have just made BOTH our days! I screamed at Jarell! Queen Sabrina of Coastal Kitchen likes our videos! He met me with the same appropriate and justifiable blank stare that I’ve been getting for 6 years LOL Videos will be done….I am taking on A LOT between filming, blogging and hosting but I think I can! Thanks for the encouragement I will need it LOL 

22 hours ago, Booscruize said:

Plus Jarell has never made this car trip and wants to see Alligator Alley. If you’re from Florida seeing an alligator is just a Tuesday but hey 🤷🏽‍♂️ get your thrills babe LOL 

This made me actually lol! I have only seen a baby alligator once in New Orleans so I am on team See-an-alligator-while-in-Florida, too. Like @PPPJJ-GCVAB, I am getting off Oasis the day you guys start your adventure. Can't wait to see your posts! We S2S and get off Freedom on the 12th and I will absolutely need some fresh Oasis content to drown my sorrows! hahaha

32 minutes ago, DDaley said:

This made me actually lol! I have only seen a baby alligator once in New Orleans so I am on team See-an-alligator-while-in-Florida, too. Like @PPPJJ-GCVAB, I am getting off Oasis the day you guys start your adventure. Can't wait to see your posts! We S2S and get off Freedom on the 12th and I will absolutely need some fresh Oasis content to drown my sorrows! hahaha

LMAO this is why I have obliged and am deciding to making this drive. Inevitably we will also be THOSE tourists who pull over and gawk at the sunning reptiles as if I haven’t spent a lifetime of avoiding walking my small dog near our lakes for fear they end up lunch 😂😂😂 And yay there will be MUCH content to drown away in LOL I am already dreading getting off the ship and it’s a month and a half away! I’m gonna need a sedative on the plane home LOL 

I watched a few of your YouTube videos, the one with the vacation Shein hall is my favorite.....he was so disappointed in his selections while you will be living you best gay- dad looking life. Also on that note I am too guilty of ordering something that looks amazing on the site, only to feel some type of way when it arrives.

4 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I watched a few of your YouTube videos, the one with the vacation Shein hall is my favorite.....he was so disappointed in his selections while you will be living you best gay- dad looking life. Also on that note I am too guilty of ordering something that looks amazing on the site, only to feel some type of way when it arrives.

LMAO best gay Dad is my dream role 😂😂😂 LMAO to be fair tho he wore them and they looked much better on but NOBODY told him to buy EVERYTHING striped that they had 😂😂😂 I will definitely be wearing some of these on this trip! If you go into the playlists we have cruise videos and travel vidoes from all over the world! London, Copenhagen, Stockholm! We love an adventure! And thank u for watching means the world! 

On 9/21/2021 at 3:24 AM, Booscruize said:
I am both excited and terrified to begin my first live Blog here of my first ever Star Class sailing and also….our wedding! I can only hope it is HALF as good as the amazing bloggers I read religiously here! 48 DAYS! Here we go! 

The Story- My husband and I (I will explain!) booked this cruise for our wedding 2 YEARS ago during a Black Friday sale at an amazing price! We both LOVE cruising…so much so that we have a YouTube channel called BoosCruize so it seemed natural that we would choose to tie the knot in a small ceremony on the high seas! So after much research we decided on the Star Loft Suite 1720 on Oasis Of The Seas! This suite had a HUGE rectangular balcony that could fit guests and also give us the ocean view we wanted….and a Genie to help us pull it all off! What could go wrong?!? Enter…COVID 🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️ As you can imagine we basically needed a new pair of britches every other day for the last two years as things changed. It’s a good thing I buzz cut my head or I’d probably be bald and NOT by choice LOL  
  A year later we weren’t even sure if this cruise would happen but we also KNEW we wanted to be married. So when a company came to us and asked to throw us a huge West Coast “David Tutera” style wedding in Hollywood that will be published for magazines we obviously said YES! We now have two bi-coastal weddings Lol It was amazingly gorgeous but nothing was our choice. It was all chosen for us….right down to our tuxes. We feel BEYOND blessed but it also wasn’t what we had in our head two years ago. So now here we are….our guest list of 50 has gone down to 12 due to covid complications. Are we upset? HECK NO! We completely understand and are going to have the time of our LIVES on a gorgeous ship surrounded by people who love us! We can’t wait! 

Who: We are an LA couple. Jarell is an international Flight attendant (yaasss benefits!) and I am an actor who just moved from NYC in time for a pandemic to close Hollywood 😂😂

Where: We are sailing on the Oasis Of The Seas out of Miami in the Star Loft Suite 1720 with stops at Coco Cay, St.Thomas, and St. Maarten 

When: We sail November 7th-14th, 2021

I think that covers most of the back story and introductions! So happy to meet you all and take you along with us on this very special journey that is over 2 years in the making! Can’t wait to see who our Genie will be! 

For good measure I have included a photo of the happy grooms from our West Coast Wedding! 

F0ED52C3-8B6B-4F1F-AC3B-1BBDFB597175.jpeg

Congrats!  I'm so happy for you.  I can't imagine how nerve racking it must have been with all the canceled sailings when you were in the middle of planning a wedding.  Hopefully, we get the pleasure of meeting y'all onboard.  We will be in a 2bdr aquatheater suite and are counting down the days!

15 minutes ago, Tiffeven said:

Congrats!  I'm so happy for you.  I can't imagine how nerve racking it must have been with all the canceled sailings when you were in the middle of planning a wedding.  Hopefully, we get the pleasure of meeting y'all onboard.  We will be in a 2bdr aquatheater suite and are counting down the days!

Omg really?! That’s so amazing I followed ur blog and loved it! So thrilled we will be on board at the same time! And yes I can’t even tell u how stressful it’s been. But we just rolled with the punches as said whatever happens wil be lovely because we are in love. So small, intimate, and beautiful it is!! 

12 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

If you don't mind me asking. Will one of the guest be officiating the wedding or will you just exchange vows? Also is there a planned day to do it? Like are you telling the Genie to have everything ready day 2, so the rest counts as a honeymoon?

Yes and yes! We have our best friend officiating for our vow exchange. And we are sending a VERY long detailed itinerary and wish list for the day including photos of past star class food spreads and cakes and things we love. It’s going to be in the balcony at sunset on Day 2 after Coco Cay. We are going to bring things like a runner for an aisle & cake topper and garland for rail etc etc. and the rest we are just trusting the magic. We already have such a BEAUTIFUL backdrop and amazing friends that we know whatever the genie does will be amazing. We really just want yummy appetizers and a champagne toast and a cake that feeds 12 LOL I’ve seen people get more than that for their birthdays 😂😂 And yes the rest will simply be a much needed vacation with friends! The Mediterranean honeymoon cruise will come later 😊😊

4 minutes ago, SuperStarian said:

Does this mean we might get double blog/crossover episode? @Tiffeven meets @Booscruize!!!!!!!

Lmao God help me…but yes it does. WHY I decided to throw a wedding, host guests, and film a vlog series AND write a live blog is beyond me 😂😂😂🤦🏽‍♂️🤦🏽‍♂️