Changing a TA

BeachGal

Does anyone know if it is possible to change a TA on a reservation?  I have two booked with my current TA, and they are far too difficult to reach. I just booked a cruise with MEI, and the entire time I just kept thinking, "Why isn't my current TA making this much effort for me?"  I'm a little frustrated right now.  @Matt thank you for getting me in touch with Daniel... he was great!

If the booking you want to transfer meets the time constraint, and it isn't paid in full, your  current t/a would have to release their interest in the booking before another one could "accept" it. It might have been rooted in good intentions when this obstacle was created but in practical application nowadays, it  🤐

You can do it, but the current agency must release it. If they charge a fee you'll have to decide if that's worth it to you. And as I'm sure @DWandermanhas told you we never charge fees at MEI-Travel. 

Contact your current TA and tell them you'd like to release it to a different agency. Then Daniel can take it from there. Here is the official wording from Royal Caribbean:

In order to change the agency on a booking to another agency, written authorization must be obtained from the agency of record releasing the reservation. Written authorization from the agency accepting the reservation must also be provided. All Authorizations must be on company letterhead and signed by the owner or operator of the agencies.  A fax copy of the authorization is acceptable provided the fax copy is on company letterhead and it is signed by the owner or operator of the agency.
All requests for Agency to Agency transfers are processed by the TSS Administration Department. Please submit request via email to agencychanges@rccl.com.

Thank you all for your advice/memes!!  After speaking with Daniel at MEI we decided to leave my two reservations with the current TA (one is just under 60 days out), and for my celebration cruise in June I will refer my traveling buddies to Daniel instead of the current TA.  That way I am not pulling business away from anyone, but I know that my friends will be taken care of.