Hotel in Port Canaveral Between Cruises

We are planning to cruise on Independence OTS and Harmony OTS next year and the trip has two nights between the cruises. I was thinking of staying at the Radisson given its so close to port but would appreciate any suggestions or advice. I realise our room probably won't be available when we get dragged off the ship so any recommendations of tours we can take (or should take by ourselves) to Kennedy Space Center would be appreciated!

Thanks!!

Luke

We found the Radisson to be underwhelming for the price, but it's been 3 years since we were there.  If you want beach access, I'd move farther down to the pier.  The upgraded rooms at Best Western give a nice view and are close to the beach.  They offer shuttle to the cruise terminal.  Not 5 star, but very pleasant.

I stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites Port Canaveral. It's also really close to the port and has a shuttle to the port. It's attached to Home2 so that's another option. There's also  Homewood Suites that shares the same block (the parking lots do connect through in the back!). Those are all Hilton brand hotels and are clean and new and include breakfast.

I would recommend getting a car rental so you can explore on your own.

46 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

Is the Home2Home also a nice hotel? I have it booked as a pre and in-between hotel. 

They share a lobby and pool area and you have access to the Hampton breakfast options as well as Home2.  Home2 is more of an extended stay hotel (full fridge, microwave, sink, etc.  They're both brand new.  The photos in my Allure blog show some of the lobby and pool area. It's really nice and I think we are staying there again in January but at Home2 this time maybe.