Passenger Count

BrianB

4 hours ago, BrianAlt said:

For the December 24th sailing, crew told me 3400.  That's around 75%.  But only 65% of cabins were filled.  900 children on the cruise.  That's a big drop a week later.

Yes…considering the CDC came out with their ‘DON’T CRUISE!’ guidance…I guess that caused lots of cancellations. Plus your Holiday cruise is typically one of the busiest.

Jan 20…Anthem from Bayonne NJ…11 night cruise.

Final count…1826.

According to the concierge, the number booked was in the mid 2000s, but the Omicron trend has apparently caused lots of cancellations due to positive cases and people just being cautious.
They are weathering the surge, just as we are on land, and waiting for the other side. Hopefully, as the numbers of infected plummet…passenger counts go back to rising. Hoping even more that we can eventually get back to no-test, no-mask, no mandate cruising! Soon!

On 1/30/2022 at 4:22 PM, SpeedNoodles said:

Odyssey, sailing Jan 29, 2022 :  1988 passengers. 

I believe capacity is 4,300 with crew of 1,550.  Must feel like a luxury cruise.  I'm on next Odyssey sailing (2/6).  Do they have any estimates for nest cruise?

2 hours ago, JohnK6404 said:

Odyssey… right now (2/12-2/20)…

Just left Guest Services… they stated original/expected passenger count before set sail was 3,300.

Actual count as of tonight is 2,724.

Well then... If they're that light, just maybe my RoyalUp will be accepted for my Feb 26 cruise on Odyssey.  Fingers remaining crossed.🤩