Prepaid Gratuities

Rickey

5 minutes ago, Rickey said:

Is it common to have to pay gratuities for the drink package if i have already prepaid my gratuities?

Yes, beverage and specialty dining purchases are excluded from the standard gratuities. This gratuity also extends to beverage and in some cases specialty dining package purchases.

36 minutes ago, Allancy said:

It depends on the sail voyage. Drink packages from the USA exclude grat. and added when ordering drinks. From Europe packages incl grat. This often accounts for the difference in the package price between sailings

Drink packages in North America have 18% gratuity (service fee) added during the check-out process.  There is no per drink gratuity charged when ordering a drink when you have a drink package.

If you order drinks on a pay as you go basis without a drink package, then you pay 18% gratuity per drink.

39 minutes ago, Allancy said:

Drink packages from the USA exclude grat. and added when ordering drinks

That is incorrect. An 18% gratuity is added to the cost of the Drink Package at checkout. There is no additional charge for gratuity when ordering drinks.

i.e. The drink package listed at $57.99 PP/PD is $68.43 PP/PD  at checkout after the gratuity is added.