CVS Covid Test Results

CFL

14 hours ago, Matt said:

Yes. You can show digital or print out.

I've taken my kids to get tests at CVS. When you register for a test appointment, there's an option to say you're registering your kids. It's all good.

I had my test today at CVS for free after reserving on Thursday. I had selected:  

• Rapid Diagnostic Test (ID NOW): Within 24 hours

The test was really easy - not the brain scrape technique. You only enter as far as the fluffy end of the Q-tip reaches into your nostril and “paint in circles” the inside of your nostril for 15 sec and then repeat for the other nostril.

Although advertised 24 hours I received the results via email in about two hrs. You can load the QR code to an app (if you have) or print the pdf. I took a pic of it and printed on for my folder. 🤪 

Happy with the simple process! Tomorrow I’ll pack and complete the Health Questionnaire and be ready to drive to Ft Lauderdale Monday. Yayy!!🥳🛳

So ready for my solo cruise! 😎🥳

Cheers! 🍹🍺

We received the email today to register our unvaccinated child foe her boarding day pcr test. The email, however, contained information about pre-cruise testing that is not consistent with the information on the website. 

The email states that an unvaccinated child must do a PCR test 3 days prior to boarding date; however the website states the unvaccinated child can test 1-3 days prior for pcr or rapid antigen. We have a rapid antigen scheduled for her 2 days prior.

Should I be concerned that it’s not a pcr test 3 days prior, as instructed in the email?

Ugh. So stressful!

12 hours ago, Floski said:

So what happens if you actually test positive and are concerned of it's validity?

Can you get another test somewhere?

We are planning to test on Friday and drive down on Saturday, but if either of 

us show as positive, I would want another chance to test.

First and foremost, regardless of the cruise, you should get tested again. If you took a rapid test first, then next step is to take a PCR test.

If both come back positive, Royal will refund you fully for any positive test results within 14 days of the cruise.

On 9/18/2021 at 8:54 AM, BrianB said:

I had the test done yesterday at CVS in central NJ. 9:20am it was completed, and they called me about twenty minutes later to tell me it was negative. At noon I received an email from CVS advising me to log into the MyChart app for my result. The complete report was there and I printed a copy (actually multiple copies that I will stick into every pocket, nook and cranny to make sure I have that ‘Golden Ticket’ with me at check-in!). No problems, no issues.

Brian, can you tell me the approximate cost of the test at CVS?

5 hours ago, elephantpeppy said:

Brian, can you tell me the approximate cost of the test at CVS?

No cost to me in NJ. CVS has my health insurance info. So far I have had 3 tests for cruises since September. All covered. I believe they say in the email if you don’t have insurance, then the state will pick up the cost. You just have to show ID, which they photograph. 

On 11/7/2021 at 11:50 AM, DeeDee said:

We received the email today to register our unvaccinated child foe her boarding day pcr test. The email, however, contained information about pre-cruise testing that is not consistent with the information on the website. 

The email states that an unvaccinated child must do a PCR test 3 days prior to boarding date; however the website states the unvaccinated child can test 1-3 days prior for pcr or rapid antigen. We have a rapid antigen scheduled for her 2 days prior.

Should I be concerned that it’s not a pcr test 3 days prior, as instructed in the email?

Ugh. So stressful!

Curious about this, how far in advance did you receive the email to register your child's appointment?  Is it a shareable link that could work for any cruise?  I am 12 days out from our cruise and have not received such email.  Also did you figure the PCR vs Rapid test out.... it must be a mistake or old language?

41 minutes ago, LSUWAG said:

Curious about this, how far in advance did you receive the email to register your child's appointment?  Is it a shareable link that could work for any cruise?  I am 12 days out from our cruise and have not received such email.  Also did you figure the PCR vs Rapid test out.... it must be a mistake or old language?

I also have not received my email to register my kids for the terminal test on embarkation day for my cruise in 12 days

1 hour ago, LSUWAG said:

We received the email about 2 weeks prior to sale date. It has passenger-specific info, so I’m unable to share the whole thing, but the generic part is below, and I added underlining to the section that does not correspond with the website instructions…

Dear Guest,

As promised, we’re reaching out with details about scheduling your boarding day PCR test for COVID-19, which will be conducted in the terminal by our medical services partner, BioReference Labs, for guests between the ages of 2 to 11. All unvaccinated guests ages 2 to 11 are required to take a boarding day PCR test during check-in (plus, a debarkation antigen test, which we’ll share more details onboard.) It's important to register for your boarding day PCR test as soon as possible to avoid delays in your check-in process. If you're vaccinated, please do not complete this registration for yourself. However, you may have received this email because you'll need to register the guest below as they are between the ages of 2 to 11 and are unvaccinated. Lastly, please note, the above boarding day PCR test is in addition to the pre-cruise PCR test for COVID-19 that guests 2 to 11 years old are required to bring a negative test result for, which must be taken 3 days before sailing and before arriving to the terminal.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I also have not received my email to register my kids for the terminal test on embarkation day for my cruise in 12 days

I ended up scheduling my daughter for a PCR 3 days out and a rapid 2 days out, just to be on the safe side. I’m assuming the email contained out of date info but I didn’t want to risk driving 20 hrs and being turned away bc we only did a rapid 2 days prior instead of pcr 3 days. I hope she isn’t traumatized by all the testing, with 2 prior and 3 by RC. Ugh.