Any changes to gluten-free food options as cruises have restarted?

peacefrogdog

Have a cruise booked on Mariner and travelling with one of my son's friends who has celiac disease.  I've read all teh posts showing the different GF options available in the MDR. I've also read that the Windjammer had a separate gluten-free section, that Sorrentos' can make GF pizze, CocoCay has GF burger buns and corn-based tortillas, and that in general the MDR staff is very accomodating.

My questions are: 

1. Especially to those who have sailed on Mariner very recently:  since cruises started re-sailing, have their been any changes to the availability of GF options?  I'm wondering specifically whether there have been any changes to Windjammer in relation to the availability of GF options.

2.  If anyone has recent pictures of MDR menus that would be greatly appreciated.

3. Does the Dog house have GF options for buns?

I haven't been on a cruise yet this year, but am going in about 2 weeks. And I have celiac.  The Windjammer has a gluten free section, but I eat lots of the other foods as well in Windjammer as are obviously gluten free ( some meats, veggies, fruits, salad, etc.) The Dog House didn't have gluten free buns before and anticipate they still will not.  I usually have a dog without bun and get a knife and fork.  Maybe they will now have gluten free buns?  That would be nice.

The dining room has many gluten free options and you can also order the night before and have certain entrees made gluten free.  Gluten free bread is also always available.

12 hours ago, Linda R said:

I haven't been on a cruise yet this year, but am going in about 2 weeks. And I have celiac.  The Windjammer has a gluten free section, but I eat lots of the other foods as well in Windjammer as are obviously gluten free ( some meats, veggies, fruits, salad, etc.) The Dog House didn't have gluten free buns before and anticipate they still will not.  I usually have a dog without bun and get a knife and fork.  Maybe they will now have gluten free buns?  That would be nice.

The dining room has many gluten free options and you can also order the night before and have certain entrees made gluten free.  Gluten free bread is also always available.

please post pictures of menus, as the OP requested, if you can after your cruise!  We are going on Anthem in Jan, & DD (who has celiac) is coming, and it would be great to see if and how the menus have changed.  TIA, and enjoy your cruise!

2 hours ago, MaryCS62 said:

please post pictures of menus, as the OP requested, if you can after your cruise!  We are going on Anthem in Jan, & DD (who has celiac) is coming, and it would be great to see if and how the menus have changed.  TIA, and enjoy your cruise!

I am also going on Anthem in January.  What dates.  And will be on Oasis in December.

@peacefrogdog My wife must eat gluten free and the staff is always VERY accommodating to her needs.

Your first night in the MDR, your server will ask if any dietary requests or restrictions are needed.

The MDR menus will have an icon of a wheat stalk to let you know if items contain wheat, but, most items can be prepared GF upon request. In out case, the staff will bring out the NEXT NIGHT'S menu at the end of the meal so that any choices you may want that usually contain gluten can be prepared WITHOUT gluten.

FYI: The Sorrento's also usually has UDI's GF cookies upon request! And tell your son's friend to try the flourless chocolate cake!

They truly do make it easy for people with dietary restrictions to eat without worry. I've posted about these things before for those that need to know.