Going to different ports to (possibly) go on another cruise and Wonder OTS rant ...

josepena12

So I used a portion of my FCC to place on a deposit for a B2B for Allure of the Seas on April 10 - 16 and April 16 - 24 ... 22

*Begin Rant - Which got cancelled and changed from a 8 nighter to a 6 nighter ... B/C Wonder OTS will now be in the Caribbean and Europe ... which Allure would have gone to Europe if Wonder stayed in China ... so no I don't like the Wonder Of The Seas ... It cost me 2 wonderful cruise days at double the C & A points ... End Rant*

I am trying to maybe, maybe fit a 3 nighter at the end of the Allure cruise on April 22, but the only cruise that leaves that day is Freedom out of Miami (Indy leave from Port Canaveral, but that is too far away). Any suggestions on what to do? Does Royal offer a transfer between cruise ports. Has anyone ever done this before and if so, what did you do in this situation? Curious to know from my cruise family and how I should proceed.

Jose P.

• josepena12 changed the title to Going to different ports to (possibly) go on another cruise and Wonder OTS rant ...
17 hours ago, josepena12 said:

Does Royal offer a transfer between cruise ports

Nope

17 hours ago, josepena12 said:

Curious to know from my cruise family and how I should proceed.

Driving to Miami from Canaveral the same day for a cruise is theoretically possible. You'd be off Allure no later than 9am, get a rental car and then make the ~4 hour drive to Miami.  Get there a little after lunch. Return car and onboard by 2 or 3pm at latest. 

That being said, that kind of a plan sounds fine when you're sitting at home day dreaming, but I wouldn't do it. Too many moving pieces and too much stress for my taste, especially after getting off Allure. I'm usually tired the day we get off a ship, so I would not want to do that kind of a drive. 

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Driving to Miami from Canaveral the same day for a cruise is theoretically possible.

Allure I believe is going from Port Everglades for @josepena12, so realistically a sailing from Port Everglades or Miami is ideal.  They are only about 45 minutes apart. You can grab an Uber or Lyft or cab to take you. The only issue may be the gap between debarkation and check-in for the 2nd cruise. I would say if you don't shift the entire B2B to something else entirely, adding Freedom out of Miami is entirely doable.

We live just North of Tampa. We always drive to the port the day before, the traffic alone is stressful. Add to that the car accidents, car fires, debris flying out of pick up truck beds and finally torrential rain storms NO, sometimes you are stuck sitting still for hours. Please don't try that drive from PC to the other ports in the same day. Miami to Port Everglades sure, anywhere else I highly do not recommend. 

At least in our area even fender benders are ONLY handled by the FSP so the Sheriff closes everything down and then you WAIT for the State Police adding even more time to something that probably could have been cleared up in the time it took for them to arrive. Just my personal experience living here the last 20 years, and the roads seem to have only gotten worse. 

Enjoy your sailings!