St Martin passport requirements

We are going on a cruise in December and my dad's passport expires in May 2022. 5 months after we go on our cruise. Generally there's a 6 month rule for passports. When we go on the website to renew his passport, it says there's a 16 months wait, after our cruise. So does St Martin enforce the 6 month rule?

1 hour ago, Avatar133 said:

We are going on a cruise in December and my dad's passport expires in May 2022. 5 months after we go on our cruise. Generally there's a 6 month rule for passports. When we go on the website to renew his passport, it says there's a 16 months wait, after our cruise. So does St Martin enforce the 6 month rule?

Are you flying in to St Maarten?   If you're going there on the cruise ship, then the passport is not needed.  I left my passport in my stateroom and used only my SeaPass card.  

However, I'm not sure if Royal will accept your dad's passport during online check-in and during check in at the port.  Also, I hope you don't get into an emergency situation where you will need your passport to fly back to the US.

5 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Are you flying in to St Maarten?   If you're going there on the cruise ship, then the passport is not needed.  I left my passport in my stateroom and used only my SeaPass card.  

However, I'm not sure if Royal will accept your dad's passport during online check-in and during check in at the port.  Also, I hope you don't get into an emergency situation where you will need your passport to fly back to the US.

You get a warning on the website, but it’s not actually an issue for a cruise that doesn’t require a passport. 

Flying back also would not be an issue, as the USA doesn’t have a 6 month rule.  The US will let you back with no issues as long as your passport isn’t expired.