Best Price guarantee

Cruiser58

Last week, while on the Independence, we booked 2 more cruises for 2022. One is in April, one in the fall to Alaska. As we booked them on board, we had reduced deposits ($200 total), and $100 shipboard credit.

I have been watching the price on both cruises to see if they drop. Today, the price on the Alaskan cruise dropped over $500, for the same cabin style (jr suite), on the same side of the ship. The room is a little further back, but that is OK. If we call in to try to change rooms, what is the downside? Do we lose our shipboard credit (which is a trade-off I'll take), or have an increased deposit?

17 minutes ago, Cruiser58 said:

Last week, while on the Independence, we booked 2 more cruises for 2022. One is in April, one in the fall to Alaska. As we booked them on board, we had reduced deposits ($200 total), and $100 shipboard credit.

I have been watching the price on both cruises to see if they drop. Today, the price on the Alaskan cruise dropped over $500, for the same cabin style (jr suite), on the same side of the ship. The room is a little further back, but that is OK. If we call in to try to change rooms, what is the downside? Do we lose our shipboard credit (which is a trade-off I'll take), or have an increased deposit?

Do you want to change rooms?  If it's the same category of cabin, you can just call and reprice your current cabin.  Either way, it shouldn't effect your deposit or on board credit.

1 hour ago, Atlantix2000 said:

Do you want to change rooms?  If it's the same category of cabin, you can just call and reprice your current cabin.  Either way, it shouldn't effect your deposit or on board credit.

Actually, on further reflection, on board credit (OBC) might be effected depending on where it came from.  If it was part of the promotion/sale that was in effect when you booked, it would be replaced with whatever is in effect when you reprice.  So you would want to look at the total cost of the trip including OBC but for a $500 drop in price, you will probably still come out ahead.

There are other sources of OBC.  If you got it as a bonus from your travel agent, or from owning >100 shares of Royal stock, or some other category I'm forgetting, that would not be effected by a reprice.

9 minutes ago, Marlena said:

My TA is looking into this now. It dropped about 350$ and they are not wanting to give us the OBC. Its with resolutions now.

Anyone know if anything changes if you paid for it with a fcc?

The issue when using FCCs is sometimes it gets applied where the FCC makes it look like your cruise fare was reduced. So if your FCC was 1000 for a 5000 cruise, they see your cruise fare as 4000. If you are pricing that cruise now as 4700, it looks as though you already had the lower price because of the FCC. I would think resolutions will get you straight.

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

The issue when using FCCs is sometimes it gets applied where the FCC makes it look like your cruise fare was reduced. So if your FCC was 1000 for a 5000 cruise, they see your cruise fare as 4000. If you are pricing that cruise now as 4700, it looks as though you already had the lower price because of the FCC. I would think resolutions will get you straight.

So we had past our original final payment date so I expected OBC. 

But since they changed the final payment date recently we ended up with 300$ refund! #winning