Vaccine Card Question

Aulayan

I tried calling Royal multiple times about this but after I go through all the prompts, it rings once and then gives me endless silence. Sooo going to the unofficial but collected wisdom of the blog.

My wife lost her vaccine card.  She was able to go to the County's Department of Health but all they'll give her is a complete vaccination history (Which does include dates and of course the covid shot). Will this be enough?

I think she is going to want the card for this and many other things that will require in the future. People will be used to seeing the card and a different form will cause undue alarm. Did she get the vaccine at the health department? As a vaccine site (hospital) we have had people come back after misplacing their cards. We look them up and verify they received the vaccine and give them a new card. 

"Should" be acceptable. Personally I would not want to take the chance of getting to the pier and being denied because the Royal instructions state that it must be an original card and you have a 8 1/2 x 11 printout of vaccinations from your Health Department. See if the vaccination facility you received your shots from will give you a new card. My wife and I received our 3rd shots a couple of weeks ago (we take no chances) and her card did not have a spot for the booster while mine did even though we had them given at the same facility but a week apart. They filled her out a new card with all the information on the front so it would be in one place. We did keep the original card though.

Try to contact Royal via Facebook or even better via tweeter , they answer quite fast , you can later even had a photo copy of what you got just to be on the safe side as you want to get cleat answer and not just the copy paste of the rules from their web site . With a clear yes answer that is being recorded it much safer to go to the terminal. As everyone else said here the best will be to go with your this document you got to the vaccine site and ask for a new card 

1 hour ago, CrznTxn said:

"Should" be acceptable. Personally I would not want to take the chance of getting to the pier and being denied because the Royal instructions state that it must be an original card and you have a 8 1/2 x 11 printout of vaccinations from your Health Department. See if the vaccination facility you received your shots from will give you a new card. My wife and I received our 3rd shots a couple of weeks ago (we take no chances) and her card did not have a spot for the booster while mine did even though we had them given at the same facility but a week apart. They filled her out a new card with all the information on the front so it would be in one place. We did keep the original card though.

Can’t argue with that.  Glad we have six more months before our next cruise.

We had someone in our Roll Call group from my last cruise get denied at the port because she had been part of the CDC trial vaccinations and they didn't accept the CDC card she had.  She even had a contact from Royal Caribbean that she had spoken to who stated she was fine since the CDC considered her fully vaccinated but they denied her boarding. It was a mess getting her luggage back and she had already paid for port parking and they wouldn't refund her. Her saga ended and when she finally was able to talk to Royal HQ, they ended up telling her they were in the wrong and she will be getting a full refund.

A bit off topic, but, the need to have vaccine cards for cruising and other travel (for who knows how long) prompted me to get a couple of these Passport/Vaccine Card holders because of this exact possibility. As soon as I was handed the card, my first thought was "How am I gonna make sure this doesn't get lost or destroyed?".

https://www.amazon.com/Passport-Vaccine-holder-vaccination-Leather/dp/B098PKCRND/ref=asc_df_B098PKCRND/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=532627835438&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=14288528848157452563&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9016967&hvtargid=pla-1411836878358&psc=1

An added bonus is that having two different color holders now makes it easier to know which passport is which!

• 2 weeks later...

I reached out to Royal Caribbean via Facebook Messenger, I too have lost my card in a recent moved. I sent them a picture of the document I received from our health department that showed my two vaccinations and asked if it would be enough to replace the original card. They replied quickly with a yes. So they are quick to respond. I will be screenshotting the message and bringing it to the port just to cover my bases. So I suggest reaching out to them via FB messenger if you are looking for a quick answer. Hope this is helpful.