MDR Menu on app

Marlena

I suspect (but have no real proof) that the menus shown for dates farther out actually reflect the menus on the current sailing of the ship in question.

The reason I think this is that my last sailing before the covid crash was an 8-nighter on Adventure. At that time, she was on a sailing pattern that alternated 6-night and 8-night sailings. Whenever I went to check the menus for my sailing, there would be two nights missing whenever the ship was currently doing a 6-night cruise, and those two nights would reappear the next time she changed to an 8-nighter.

Apart from that, I found the actual content to be pretty accurate but, as @Pooch says, changes can happen. To give you an example of how things can change, on my upcoming Harmony sailing, the 1st formal night menu was originally showing for day 2 of the cruise, which is fairly normal. However, after an itinerary change meant we lost the day 3 port stop altogether (changed to a sea day) and the day 2 stop was lengthened by an extra four hours, that menu was switched to day 3 instead.

16 minutes ago, HokieMom said:

Speaking of MDR - you who have been recently.- any chance they took the time to change/modify/update the menu selections? For some of us annual travelers, it doesn't seem as if the selections have been updated in a long time. Yes, we could do specialty dining, but ...Thanks

From looking at the menus in the app, there appear to have been a very few new dishes added but otherwise the menus are the same ones they introduced back in 2018, when they brought in the single-page menus. That said, a couple of people who have recently sailed on Harmony in the Med have said that the quality of the food in the MDR has been much superior to what it was before Covid shut everything down. Those people speculated that this might be due to the reduced numbers on board and the fact that the WJ is currently closed for dinner. I don't know what the situation is in the Caribbean other than the fact that the menus appear to be the same.

I started exploring the dining options on my Freedom sailing via the app and I am noticing that Windjammers is closed on the port days after breakfast. I also thought the MDR is open on departure day and on seas for lunch, but I don't see it open for any of the days in the app for lunch.

On 9/16/2021 at 11:46 AM, DJnKy said:

My app list mdr menu including night 6 on a 5 night cruise in Nov.?? I believe the accuracy in the app might be suspect this far out.

I am seeing the same thing for my 6 night Odyssey sailing in October. The app shows MDR lobster tail night on Night 7......🤔 How am I supposed to plan our dining schedule when I can't figure out when lobster night is!?!

@Mattwhen you were on your 6 night Odyssey cruise the other week, do you remember which night was lobster night in the MDR? I don't think I noticed you ate there from your blogs, but maybe you noted when 2nd formal night was?

Someone from Royal IT must be reading these boards. I just looked at the MDR menu in the app again this morning for our October 17 Odyssey sailing and the menu has been updated. No idea if it's 100% accurate, but at least it shows Lobster night on Day 5 (Cozumel day), and even though it still shows a Day 7, it does not have a full menu (just the kids menu and wine list). My husband will be very pleased and I can see him counting out how many lobster tails he's going to order.....

14 hours ago, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Someone from Royal IT must be reading these boards. I just looked at the MDR menu in the app again this morning for our October 17 Odyssey sailing and the menu has been updated. No idea if it's 100% accurate, but at least it shows Lobster night on Day 5 (Cozumel day), and even though it still shows a Day 7, it does not have a full menu (just the kids menu and wine list). My husband will be very pleased and I can see him counting out how many lobster tails he's going to order.....

I think there may be something to the app changing based on the ships current itinerary. I just checked my Cruise which departs on a Monday and now everything after Day 3 is gone, which would line up with the 3 night weekend cruise happening now. 

On 9/23/2021 at 4:04 AM, Egeria said:

I also thought the MDR is open on departure day and on seas for lunch, but I don't see it open for any of the days in the app for lunch.

Have you checked every level of the MDR? Because lunch is typically limited to just one part. For example, on my upcoming Harmony sailing, I have 4 MDRs, decks 3, 4 and 5, as well as my time dining. Lunch only shows up on deck 3. I don't know the set up on Freedom but if it's similar that would possibly be why. 

On 9/24/2021 at 6:45 AM, MTNeedsAVacay said:

Just came off the 6night Odyssey cruise, & yes the app was a little mixed up a few weeks back. but the lobster tail was on the menu day 5 Cozumel day. My DH and I both did the turf and surf (beef tenderloin and lobster tail) we did get a second tail. I saw a few others getting a second one. Its a little hard to see what others are getting (tables with people at them are a far away, {social distancing}) I think I saw 1 person getting a 3rd. The beef tenderloin was very good and the 2nd tail tasted better then the 1st one.

2 hours ago, barjpoe said:

Just came off the 6night Odyssey cruise, & yes the app was a little mixed up a few weeks back. but the lobster tail was on the menu day 5 Cozumel day. My DH and I both did the turf and surf (beef tenderloin and lobster tail) we did get a second tail. I saw a few others getting a second one. Its a little hard to see what others are getting (tables with people at them are a far away, {social distancing}) I think I saw 1 person getting a 3rd. The beef tenderloin was very good and the 2nd tail tasted better then the 1st one.

Thank you so much for the info! Hope you enjoyed your cruise!

3 hours ago, barjpoe said:

My brother & I are planning at least 4!!